RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
I’ve had a little damage to the fiberglass rear wheel opening. I would like to remove the entire fender wheel opening. Is there a series of bolts up, under the wheel opening? Any advice/experiences? Can it be done?
2017 Ventana LE 4037

No experience removing the rear but service center removed my front passenger and said they are all the same. Remove the belt strip and should have bolts down low to supports. Fender is designed to swing up for access and hangs on a channel under the belt strip. IMG_6347_Original.jpeg
Hope this helps.

As @NWIP said, and all I know is the rear wheel area, there are self tapping screws/bolts on the bottom to secure them as they are hinged. If you look from below you should see the few bolts. As to how to remove the hinged part I don't know, guessing a series of sheet metal type screws holding the hinge on.

Here is the response I received from Newmar:

If at all possible, I would recommend taking the coach to the body shop as it's not easy to remove/replace that fender. I'll do my best to explain since we don't have written instructions with pictures that I could send. There is usually one screw on each side and the bottom. With those screws removed, you should be able to swing the fender out about 45 degrees to reach the screws on the top. The top of the fender fits into a J-channel and it's screwed from the back side (the most difficult part). Sometimes our techs will have to remove the compartment door next to it, in order to create more space.

Latest resources

Back