• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Replace RV halogen/incandescent lights with LEDs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In order to cut down on power use, I'd like to use LEDs in my 2007 camper instead of the existing lights. I have not been able to find any LEDs that work. ANy tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1711628133255.png

We put these in and love them . We have replaced all fixtures with LED and they are great

I have long "tube" type AC (residential) LEDs in the bus. They replaced flourescent lights. My monthly power bill dropped quite a bit after the swap.

I used these in the truck camper. I like them. If you install an LED bulb and it doesn't light up, remove it and flip it. The lights are diodes and diodes only work one way.
(the first ones are bayonette type)

The cost of complete LED fixtures is really quite low. As others have stated, check Amazon and see what it will cost to just replace the entire fixture instead of searching for bulbs.

When I started this life, and when white LEDs became avaliable. All my two bulb lights got an LED light on the low setting. I retained the incandescent bulb on the second setting because I could see better when I needed more light.

When I tell you, when they became avaliable, that should tell you something!

Anyhow, when I did my cargo trailer conversion I bought two flush mount (in a contractor package 2 pack) stick and brick LED fixtures (115vac). Did the same when I built my silver trailer. That, is also what I did on the fifth I am in today.

I don't like bright white lights, and that gives me options at a price.

I understand everyone doesn't put the same value on 115vac systems as I do. You might if you compare 12volt to 115vac electrics price. Just throwing it out there!

Keep in mind that many of the newer LED fixtures will have to be completely replaced when the lights go out.

Keep in mind that many of the newer LED fixtures will have to be completely replaced when the lights go out.
Two ways to take that statement! I took the most radical of those two ways!!!😉

Two ways to take that statement! I took the most radical of those two ways!!!😉
I had no interest in replacing all the little lights inside my daughter's truck camper (so many lights in such a little space!) and we were on a deadline for leaving on a long trip. So they are still the original RV light housings with LED bulbs. Also replaced all the dim outside bulbs with LEDs.

I prefer the "warm" LEDs. Nice that they have managed to get rid of the flicker some used to have. LEDs used to give me bad headaches.

My bus has never had an RV light in it. All residential lights running on dedicated inverters. Until my inverters filled with dust during two back to back day long dust storms (I hate the desert). Now they run off straight AC. Currently the only 12vDC "RV" thing I have is the marine water pump. I turned off the 12vDC grey water macerator and replumbed the grey water because I got tired of cleaning long hair out of the macerator.

I had no interest in replacing all the little lights inside my daughter's truck camper (so many lights in such a little space!) and we were on a deadline for leaving on a long trip. So they are still the original RV light housings with LED bulbs. Also replaced all the dim outside bulbs with LEDs.

I prefer the "warm" LEDs. Nice that they have managed to get rid of the flicker some used to have. LEDs used to give me bad headaches.

My bus has never had an RV light in it. All residential lights running on dedicated inverters. Until my inverters filled with dust during two back to back day long dust storms (I hate the desert). Now they run off straight AC. Currently the only 12vDC "RV" thing I have is the marine water pump. I turned off the 12vDC grey water macerator and replumbed the grey water because I got tired of cleaning long hair out of the macerator.
🤣 as a conspiracy theorist I still expect the lights to go out!!! Thing is I don't think of myself as one.
That is what I wanted clarity on!!!

People are constantly melting their light covers with these old filament bulbs. The lights are running on 12Vs right? so what I've been telling them is to search for Antline 1156 1141 1003 BA155 LED bulbs on amazon. Should be a one to one replacement, or the worst case is you have to buy the socket as well. roadtrekParts - Etsy

Latest resources

Back