Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
I can understand why some might prefer a booth, (more stable) but I dislike them because they are the one thing that makes the interior look like a bus to me...instead of a home. I much prefer the look and storage setup of chairs and table and credenza.. Had that in our previous unit.
Unfortunately most of the motorhomes I’m looking at having a booth setup. Does anyone have an idea what it would cost (ballpark) to have that removed and replaced with a credenza and table? Since I believe I‘d not be happy with a booth, I have to factor that in to my true costs in buying our next unit.
I especially despise the U-shaped ones... It looks to me like they take up so much space, that I could not only replace it with the credenza and table, I would have extra space left over for a small desk.

Last edited:
There are so many RV's out there I'd not pick one knowing you have to remove the booth and replace with a dinette but instead find the floorplan you love up front.

What Neal said. Have patience and find what you are looking for. Be willing to go anywhere to get it.

That’s how I feel.... We are in no hurry

We lived with the booth for about 9 months but didn't like it. Had a credenza with storage and two computer drawers, two custom chairs from RV Wood Design Home - Custom Woodworking Projects for Your RV - RV Wood Design in Napanee. We are SO happy we did, love the new set up and have more storage than we did with the booth. Highly recommend giving them a call to discuss options and cost.

We’ve not settled on anything. We’re probably several months away from buying something so I have time to research.
I agree I loved the credenza in our previous motorhome there was so much storage in there. I had a combination miniature office and face makeup station on my side and we stored servingware on my husband‘s side. I loved all the cabinet top space on the side.
I have occasionally seen a unit that was a pretty good price, but had a booth...but like I said, I have time to wait.

Wow I looked at that woodworking site and it looks like they did fabulous work.. I will definitely be contacting them about other projects.

Wow I looked at that woodworking site and it looks like they did fabulous work.. I will definitely be contacting them about other projects.
You won't be disappointed, they are great to work with. Kurt is the sales rep, owner Gene...tell them the Drivers sent you!

We replaced our booth with a freestanding table and chairs in our older 05 Holiday Rambler.
I wish we would of done it sooner. Much more room, especially when the slide is in travel mode.
We were lucky as there was absolutely nothing under our existing booth (electrical wires, equipment, etc.)
We did this after seeing our friends' newer Holiday Rambler that came with the factory table and chair option instead of a booth.
There are some pictures of our transformation on the interior mods section of this forum.

I agree. more room

Latest resources

Back