• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Altazi

RVF Regular
7CDF656F-F41B-4CB6-88C8-CF4A15B4FEE5.jpeg

There are some bad LEDs, and the strip looks to be a standard type. The real issue is how to get it out… I’m pretty sure there is a big spring inside to wi d up the awning fabric, and then there are those rivets…

Has anyone done this before? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

End caps will vary depending on your make and model of awning, if you can share that info I'm sure someone has done a similar project and can chime in.

That label tells us what fabric was used I believe. There is another in the arms, maybe under some removable plastic trim. Is it a power awning? Are there holes thru the end caps to pass a pin thru? Does the other end cap have rivets also?

That label tells us what fabric was used I believe. There is another in the arms, maybe under some removable plastic trim. Is it a power awning? Are there holes thru the end caps to pass a pin thru? Does the other end cap have rivets also?
It is a power awning. Both end caps are fastened by rivets. I’m not certain what you mean about passing a pin through. I don’t see any additional tags or labels, except for warning labels.

My next question was going to be how the wire can be routed into a tube that rolls in circles. Still at a loss. But that hole just below and forward is probably a hole that a pin can be put thru to lock the spring. There is less spring tension when the tube is closest to the rig. I have replaced several lately. I recommend not trying it yourself unless you watch extensive youtube. The spring can hurt you. Also, mine were screwed on so I didn't drill out any rivets.

My next question was going to be how the wire can be routed into a tube that rolls in circles. Still at a loss. But that hole just below and forward is probably a hole that a pin can be put thru to lock the spring. There is less spring tension when the tube is closest to the rig. I have replaced several lately. I recommend not trying it yourself unless you watch extensive youtube. The spring can hurt you. Also, mine were screwed on so I didn't drill out any rivets.
I hate springs…

Latest resources

Back