Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Replacing torn Carefree rear slide awning.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TXheat

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Endeavor
RV Length
Chassis
Roadmaster
Engine
350 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
Yes
The roof slide out for the bedroom on this endeavor that we recently bought, was torn up, most likely by high winds. We don’t have the ability at this time to go to a repair shop to have it done so we only have two options. Have someone come here to do it or DIY. Has anyone had any experience replacing this particular awning? Thanks

My first suggestion is don't replace it with another Carefree. Go to the Resources area in the green header bar and search for Tough Top Awnings how-to videos.

My first suggestion is don't replace it with another Carefree. Go to the Resources area in the green header bar and search for Tough Top Awnings how-to videos.
Will do thanks

IF you are able, it's easy to do yourself. I purchased the material on Amazon (below) and it was enough for me to replace my 23' FWS twice)

1727970889715.png

IF you are able, it's easy to do yourself. I purchased the material on Amazon (below) and it was enough for me to replace my 23' FWS twice)

View attachment 25994
Did you need a helper to do it? I was going to see about buying it on Amazon. They don't have the awning in the same color which is navy blue I guess it all depends on how quickly I can get the material from either Tough Top or Amazon prime.

Mine is a Full Wall Slide (FWS) so it really takes two people. A smaller slide (say 8-12 feet) could be handled by one (it's always easier with two however 😉) Blessings

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back