Residential Refrigerator Installed

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This has been the best modification I have done so far to our 2006 40' Holiday Rambler. We love the extra capacity. Our Never-Cold RV 'fridge went out and Camping World wanted $3600 for a new one. ? So I went to Lowes and found a stainless steel French door with bottom freezer Samsung 'fridge on sale for about $1000. But then I found one in the scratch and dent area for $800. It had a small ding on the side that would be hidden by my cabinets. I offered the manager $600 and he took it!!

All the doors had to come off the 'fridge and the passenger captains chair had to be removed to get the 'fridge up the stairs and into the coach. We had 1/4" to spare!!! We're real happy with it and wouldn't buy another RV unless it had one.
IMG_2953.JPG
IMG_2954.JPG

Nice job and you’ll enjoy all the extra room for beer ?

Did you have to enlarge the cabinet, or find one that fit the existing space?

Did you have to enlarge the cabinet, or find one that fit the existing space?
The Samsung fit the original opening pretty well. The furnace sits right below the 'fridge so I made a metal pan for the 'fridge to sit on and left a little space so there would be no issue with the heat. I also sealed up the wall vent and insulated the wall behind the 'fridge. If you'll look closely I made a panel to go at the bottom of the 'fridge to fill in the space. I painted it black and since it's at the bottom you can hardly see it. It almost looks like it came in there from the factory! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 54
Man, I like that! My next mod for sure.

That looks great. I had Texas rv flooring and designs install a Frigidaire for us

Nice upgrade. Must have been quite the effort to install.

Nice upgrade. Must have been quite the effort to install.
It was a lot of work but it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't want to have to do it again. Know what I mean? :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back