• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Residential Refrigerator Installed

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This has been the best modification I have done so far to our 2006 40' Holiday Rambler. We love the extra capacity. Our Never-Cold RV 'fridge went out and Camping World wanted $3600 for a new one. ? So I went to Lowes and found a stainless steel French door with bottom freezer Samsung 'fridge on sale for about $1000. But then I found one in the scratch and dent area for $800. It had a small ding on the side that would be hidden by my cabinets. I offered the manager $600 and he took it!!

All the doors had to come off the 'fridge and the passenger captains chair had to be removed to get the 'fridge up the stairs and into the coach. We had 1/4" to spare!!! We're real happy with it and wouldn't buy another RV unless it had one.
View attachment 3450View attachment 3451
So sorry you bought a Samsung fridge. This is the exact same one we have in our camper. We found out, along with a lot of others, the fridge freezes up causing the fan to stop working causing the fridge to stop cooling. There is nothing you can do to prevent this, as we have tried everything, only to find out this is a thing with Samsung, per a professional repairman. You have to take apart the back panel, defrost the fan with hair dryer, etc. Put it back together and it will be fine for a month or so, then do it all over again.

So sorry you bought a Samsung fridge. This is the exact same one we have in our camper. We found out, along with a lot of others, the fridge freezes up causing the fan to stop working causing the fridge to stop cooling. There is nothing you can do to prevent this, as we have tried everything, only to find out this is a thing with Samsung, per a professional repairman. You have to take apart the back panel, defrost the fan with hair dryer, etc. Put it back together and it will be fine for a month or so, then do it all over again.
Don't be sorry. Mine is a great 'fridge. I installed it 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it. ;)

This has been the best modification I have done so far to our 2006 40' Holiday Rambler. We love the extra capacity. Our Never-Cold RV 'fridge went out and Camping World wanted $3600 for a new one. ? So I went to Lowes and found a stainless steel French door with bottom freezer Samsung 'fridge on sale for about $1000. But then I found one in the scratch and dent area for $800. It had a small ding on the side that would be hidden by my cabinets. I offered the manager $600 and he took it!!

All the doors had to come off the 'fridge and the passenger captains chair had to be removed to get the 'fridge up the stairs and into the coach. We had 1/4" to spare!!! We're real happy with it and wouldn't buy another RV unless it had one.
View attachment 3450View attachment 3451
do you have the model number of this fridge by chance:)?

The Samsung fit the original opening pretty well. The furnace sits right below the 'fridge so I made a metal pan for the 'fridge to sit on and left a little space so there would be no issue with the heat. I also sealed up the wall vent and insulated the wall behind the 'fridge. If you'll look closely I made a panel to go at the bottom of the 'fridge to fill in the space. I painted it black and since it's at the bottom you can hardly see it. It almost looks like it came in there from the factory! :)
Im currently going through the same issue with a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I have the same Samsung. Can you message me? How much space from the heater to the bottom of the Fridge. That looks fantastic. Im hoping for the same outcome.

Nice job and you’ll enjoy all the extra room for beer ?
Well that and a small fridge in the basement helps for beverage containment and dispersal.

Latest resources

Back