Coachman
RV Model
Sportscoach srs365rb
RV Length
Chassis
Freightshaker
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2019 Coachman Sportscoach that came with an LG French Door residential fridge.
I can not find a drain hose anywhere for this thing. Since finding water in the bottom of the freezer after our last trip, I started wondering if there was a drip pan that was full.
Contacted LG, they say the drip pan is in the back of the fridge. NOT ACCESSABLE. I looked outside the RV in the area and nothing as far as a drain hose. Every RV I have ever had, and there have been several, there was a drain coming from the back of the refer.
I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue.
Thanks

We have one in our Leprechaun and never had any issues. I access our pan by taking out the bottom freezer drawer. Never had any water in it just some dust and dirt, as with our home fridge it dissipates from the heat of condenser.

Based on the component manuals the Sportscoach had a Frigidaire and not an LG installed. So it be a second fridge or a dealer installed option when new.

If you have an ice maker it may be coming from the water line.

Last edited:
We have one in our Leprechaun and never had any issues. I access our pan by taking out the bottom freezer drawer. Never had any water in it just some dust and dirt, as with our home fridge it dissipates from the heat of condenser.

Based on the component manuals the Sportscoach had a Frigidaire and not an LG installed. So it be a second fridge or a dealer installed option when new.

If you have an ice maker it may be coming from the water line.
Thanks for the info.
Spec sheet shows the LG at time of build.
By taking the bottom freezer drawer, that is where we found the water, I'm hoping that this will not be as bad as I thought. Considering that I thought that the water was coming from outside, and my dear wife was not a fan of buying this rig in the first place, my life has been shaky at best. Not realizing that there was quite a bit of water in the lower freezer, maybe we are ok.
One can only hope.

Good luck. I hope you find where is coming from for sure. It may just be coming from the freezer itself or condensation. Either way good luck. You might see if LG has a pan that you can place under it.

Good luck. I hope you find where is coming from for sure. It may just be coming from the freezer itself or condensation. Either way good luck. You might see if LG has a pan that you can place under it.
Thank You. I hope this is it

All the refrigerators I have used have a pan mounted to the top of the compressor. Could you imagine a drain on your house refrigerator?

All the refrigerators I have used have a pan mounted to the top of the compressor. Could you imagine a drain on your house refrigerator?
Good point.
Just trying to figure where the water came from

Got ice machine??? Going down the road could cause it to splash water. I assume it is a self defrost fridge. To tightly packed the air will not flow properly.

I have a 2019 Coachman Sportscoach that came with an LG French Door residential fridge.
I can not find a drain hose anywhere for this thing. Since finding water in the bottom of the freezer after our last trip, I started wondering if there was a drip pan that was full.
Contacted LG, they say the drip pan is in the back of the fridge. NOT ACCESSABLE. I looked outside the RV in the area and nothing as far as a drain hose. Every RV I have ever had, and there have been several, there was a drain coming from the back of the refer.
I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue.
Thanks
We installed a Kenmore Elite residential refrigerator. The fridge has a condensation catch tray that drains into a drip pan. I added a drain tube that exits the coach through the exterior fridge vents. When I take off that vent cover I can see all my water connections. Most fridges do not put out large amount of condensing water unless you are in very humid condition with no AC. The water you are indicating appears to be a direct water leak. If you have water and ice in the door check those connections where the water hooks to the door. Tip to all if you winterize your coach in freezing temps don't forget to disconnect all water lines to the fridge to prevent the lines from freezing and bursting.

Got ice machine??? Going down the road could cause it to splash water. I assume it is a self defrost fridge. To tightly packed the air will not flow properly.
Yep. never thought about ice maker slosh. As far as tight pack, my wife packs for the masses, even though it is just the two of us. Her theory, better to have more than not enough.
All the ideas make sense to me.
Thanks

Latest resources

Back