• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bassinRN

RVF Regular
Howdy,
Thanks for the acceptance to the site. Born and raised in Boston, currently living on Cape Cod x 30 years. I’m an RN preparing for retirement with RVing as part of this plan. Have been looking to Winter in warmer “climes.” Considering a diesel pusher vs a super c. Heading to the Boston RV show this weekend. 1-2 years away from an actual purchase. Looking to learn as much as I can. Thanks again?

Welcome to the forum there will be many things to educate yourself about your retirement rv purchase.

Thank you. I have been pouring over different Facebook forums and have a general idea of how to proceed. I suspect this forum will help expand that. I appreciate the warm welcome[emoji2937]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

Welcome @bassinRN - you've come to the right place for trip planning in winter time, I'm an expert at this! I just spent winter in the coldest parts of Arizona and froze my butt off. Okay, so maybe you don't want my advice, but others can help, I fired myself last week from the RV travel agent staff :)

Welcome to the site! Great to have you with us.

Welcome to RVF, @bassinRN; glad to have you here. Many of us are retired..and, some of us are also no longer working. :ROFLMAO:

Since you have a couple of years to go until retirement, I recommend that you the time to become very familiar with RV floor plans and what will work for you. Go to as many RV shows as possible, visit dealer lots and check out every floor plan you can. Make notes and gather enough information to make a very informed choice. There will probably be some trade-offs you will eventually need to make, so the more data you can gather will help minimize them.

Be sure to stop by here and ask questions. Just understand that we all see things from OUR own perspective, so you will need to winnow the wheat from the chaff. Still, you will get a lot of good insights.

Good luck.

TJ

Welcome! I agree with TJ about the floor plans...and RV shows. I lost count how many we sat in for a really long time envisioning living in it. We got married in Cape Cod many, many years ago...beautiful part of the country.

I’ve narrowed it down to a few brands, diesel vs gas and have been focusing on specific floor plans ie; King size bed, theater seating etc. Keeping an open mind as well. My wife and I have worked hard for many years so my first one most likely will be my last so I pray we choose wisely. Anyway, I will check in from time to time and ask questions. Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back