• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Retirement plan....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Don't "narrow down" your choices too much in the early going. See what's out there first. Now, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Newmar guy, but I still encourage you to look around extensively In the early going. It is just as important to know what you DON'T like as it is to know what you DO like.

One of the great advantages with Newmar is that they allow a wider latitude in customization (via options and "specials") than do most other manufacturers.

Good luck in your search.

TJ

Welcome @bassinRN. I'm in the same boat you are. So much great advice from the people on this forum. Good luck with your decision and remember the adventure is the goal and the RV is the way to get there.

Welcome bassinRN! This is a great website!

We retired this past year, purchased our first Motorhome (gas, Newmar Canyon Star) two years ago and are now looking for our upgrade Motorhome to a DP that we can full-time in.

TJ gave you some great advice. Look at as many motorhomes, compare, compare, compare. Go to dealers, shows and anywhere you can look at leisure with no pressure. That helps. Then test drive.

We’re sold on Newmar; quality, service, availability of service and so much more. Great product and company.

I appreciate all of the great advice and will take it to heart. Tiffin and Newmar are the strongest considerations thus far. I would prefer diesel which means used may be my only option given my projected budget. First show this weekend in Boston but will attend others and visit dealers prior to purchase.

Show in Hersey, PA is a good show to explore, we went there 3 times during our search. Although we had a class A and felt we wanted a DP we even considered 5th wheels before settling on a Newmar. I look back and think the process of preparing for retirement was an exciting time, so enjoy ?

Latest resources

Back