• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Front air bag manual fill. Looks like the coach has Active Air.

Had a suspicion it Active Air but no signature line with description, thanks

Since we have been captive at Palm Creek for awhile I have been harassing @ARD with upgrades. First one is what I call my multi-use tool, good for pulling the lanyards on air tanks, removing the jack pads from underneath the coach and a guage for “ will my slide clear the power pedestal or other objects. Overall length is 36” and black line is at 30” which is how far the FW slide extends and a hook on the end. @ARD wanted it autographed, thus the writing on it?

Attachments

• AFF6255C-0B8E-46CA-8B33-9229380CD319.jpeg
    AFF6255C-0B8E-46CA-8B33-9229380CD319.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 156
I saw in a picture @10 fan posted on another forum where he installed storage for a hose up front in the generator bay, which was connected to the hot water bib. Thought it was a great idea so I asked him to elaborate on the install, he said $7 container which was sitting on cross support and bungled in place. I bought a trash receptacle for $7 and ditched the lid, drilled holes in the bottom for drainage and went to install on my 2020 DS. Unfortunately it has different front cap than @10 fan 2018 DS and wouldn’t work as there isn’t the same room. So @ARD is now the beneficiary of this mod.

Attachments

• 61CF5CEA-DFBF-4CB0-8B3E-C21E395BA734.jpeg
    61CF5CEA-DFBF-4CB0-8B3E-C21E395BA734.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149

I have thought of this option and even have both the hose and strap, I was just a little worried of the strap coming loose while driving and the hose dangling under the coach while driving down the road?, thus the storage bin option. Gotta keep thinking which route is beat.

I saw in a picture @10 fan posted on another forum where he installed storage for a hose up front in the generator bay, which was connected to the hot water bib. Thought it was a great idea so I asked him to elaborate on the install, he said $7 container which was sitting on cross support and bungled in place. I bought a trash receptacle for $7 and ditched the lid, drilled holes in the bottom for drainage and went to install on my 2020 DS. Unfortunately it has different front cap than @10 fan 2018 DS and wouldn’t work as there isn’t the same room. So @ARD is now the beneficiary of this mod.
Yay! I'm so lucky. Thanks @NWIP. And that's not all. I no longer need to pull out a hose to do a sewer rinse! Thanks again Bill! ?

Since we have been captive at Palm Creek for awhile I have been harassing @ARD with upgrades. First one is what I call my multi-use tool, good for pulling the lanyards on air tanks, removing the jack pads from underneath the coach and a guage for “ will my slide clear the power pedestal or other objects. Overall length is 36” and black line is at 30” which is how far the FW slide extends and a hook on the end. @ARD wanted it autographed, thus the writing on it?
Bill,
One of these contraptions came with my DS, from the previous owner. I use it to pull out the jack pads out, before departing. Now I will use it to bleed the air tanks Also ??

Us folks that own a Ventana with exterior pull down window shades got one from Newmar. 5/16" metal rod 48-60" long with a hook on one end and a small loop on the other. Works great for the shades, pulling the jack pads out and most anything else you need to get from under the coach..

I installed magnetic switches on each bedroom closet, rear closet, and LED strips with switch on the pantry. On the closets, I just ran a wire from the light to the magnetic switch and wired it in to the original switch on the light. Now, if I want the door open and don't want the light, I just turn it off at the light itself. When the light is on, it's actuated by the door switch. Not the cheapest switch, but I didn't want any problems.

Amazon.com: Magnetic Switch, Standard Packaging: Car Electronics
Bought something like this, just didn't install yet. Great idea

my eyebrow drip rail disappeared on our way to TN. Did not see it or hear it come off. It could be on the roof?
Suspecting the high humidity in FL did not allow it to stick well?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back