• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ridiculously cheap, ridiculously easy mods to consider

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We got rain here in Casa Grande, AZ (oh my) and first "water event" after installing my top of windshield gutter. My windshield this morning is clean, no streaks or running water lines down it! Woohoo!
Wouldn’t be without the “windshield eyebrow “?

I had ordered the hot water outlet on the front of the coach as an option but found that I was not really using it. Was just easier to get a hose out and hook to the campground pedestal. resullivan (on the other forum) showed me a MOD on his coach to solve this so I just did it. Basically it involves extending the outlet to the bottom of the coach where it is easy to reach under and plug in a quick disconnect hose to it. Now I can get water very quick and don't need to open up the generator compartment. Will even work in a rest area off of the pump.

I just use the red lever handle to turn on/off once I plug in the coiled hose that I carry in the front bay. I leave the factory on/off valve in the generator compartment on.

Here are some pictures.

FLSteve

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Ok...embarrassed to show this one, but my wife and I chuckled at how well it works!!

And if you're lucky, it comes with 6 bottles of wine! LOL

IMG_0922.jpeg

Awesome idea for a quick release hot water hose connection!!! I won’t bash my head on the hood!!

Ok...embarrassed to show this one, but my wife and I chuckled at how well it works!!

And if you're lucky, it comes with 6 bottles of wine! LOL

View attachment 1281
I have several of these that I load with wine. And then they fit perfectly in the space on each side of the bed in the slide. At least they do in our DS4018

@MapNerd … can you post some pictures when you get a chance. Will help me understand what you did.

FLSteve

I finished my system of Gilmour Quick-Connects and couldn't be happier! I spent a lot of time researching to get the PURE BRASS model; no aluminum. FYI, Gilmour's "Non-Pro" version have an aluminum Male.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T16K4NP/?tag=rvf01-20

I have these on every fittting except the connection to the water bib. (FYI, I bought a 10-pack which gave me enough to do my pressure washer, DI tank, and a couple other connections at home.)

To connect my entire system, including Softwater tank takes less than a minute. What's better, is the ease of which I can add my waste rinse hose, pressure washer, or standard hose.

At home, I have the same system, so I can quickly add my DI tank; again, within a minute! It's so modular that I just get a smile every time I use it, now.

One tip is, that with the Males, they bottom out in a lot of the plastic fittings. So, you have to double up on the washers so they won't leak.

I'm not gonna say that these fall into the "ridiculously cheap", however.

IMG_9976.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a mod, but definitely something that most of us who travel with pets can use.

Fill this thing with water and put it someplace within reach. When fido wants a drink, you pull it out, push the button (which allows water from the bottle into the water dispenser) and let him/her have a drink. Great for when you're traveling and don't want to fish out a bottle of water and fill up the water dish.

$10.99 on Amazon.

Attachments

• dog water bottle 1.jpg
    dog water bottle 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22
  • dog water bottle.jpg
    dog water bottle.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
Not a mod, but definitely something that most of us who travel with pets can use.

Fill this thing with water and put it someplace within reach. When fido wants a drink, you pull it out, push the button (which allows water from the bottle into the water dispenser) and let him/her have a drink. Great for when you're traveling and don't want to fish out a bottle of water and fill up the water dish.

$10.99 on Amazon.
Our Daisy insists of drinking from my glass?.

This might be too simple to post....
If your basement doors are difficult to close try applying a coat of 303 surface protectant to the rubber gaskets AND the metal frame where the gasket hits the door. It makes a surprising difference.

Latest resources

Back