• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Elton

RVF Newbee
Hi all,
New to the forum. I have a 2018 Roadtrek Zion SRT. I live in MN - fairly mild winter this year. I used the rig in mid november. I take it out about 1x/week to drive it around - keep the truck moving. I have not had it plugged in. The other day when I went to use it I tried to turn on the lights etc in the back and none of the lights come on. The voltage meter reads about 5.68 in charge. Am I looking at having to replace the house batteries?
Thanks in advance

Welcome!

Possibly yes, They are at least 5 years old and getting down to that state of charge is hard on them. If they are disconnected and let set for awhile, they may recover on their own to a point. I have found this a good indicator of whether they will take a charge and keep it. If they rise up to 12v without charging they may get some usefulness back. But the clock is ticking at 5 years.
And welcome to the arena.

Possibly yes, They are at least 5 years old and getting down to that state of charge is hard on them. If they are disconnected and let set for awhile, they may recover on their own to a point. I have found this a good indicator of whether they will take a charge and keep it. If they rise up to 12v without charging they may get some usefulness back. But the clock is ticking at 5 years.
And welcome to the arena.
Also remember a dead battery will freeze!

Hi all,
New to the forum. I have a 2018 Roadtrek Zion SRT. I live in MN - fairly mild winter this year. I used the rig in mid november. I take it out about 1x/week to drive it around - keep the truck moving. I have not had it plugged in. The other day when I went to use it I tried to turn on the lights etc in the back and none of the lights come on. The voltage meter reads about 5.68 in charge. Am I looking at having to replace the house batteries?
Thanks in advance
Welcome to RVforums from Ely Iowa.

Latest resources

Back