Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is a solution
elmer fudd.png

Also a LED light strip under the coach on strobe works well. You just about had me spill the beans. Well OK here we go. Almost a year ago, this is the anniversary month, I was cleaning out my cargo and found signs of mice. Well short story long, The worst part of mice infestations are not coach repairs. I am still fighting side effects from a hanta virus infection. Truth be told it almost took my life. as there are no treatments for it 38% of the cases end in death. I am still here though I would not be on this forum had I been healthy enough to do my usual stuff.

Just a little info, My opinion of masks changed drastically after my lungs got compromised from not wearing one when I should have. As the saying goes stupid is as stupid does. Anyhow what I found that got me though this was many of the things health nuts were saying about covid-19 cures.

I followed Bob Becks Protocol, I did electro therapy, drank ozoneated water to increase oxygen in my blood, I got a neubulizer and colloidal silver generator, took NAC, elderberry supplements. All this stuff helped, it kept me breathing but the real virus kicker was when I started taking Zinc. Yes folks Zinc was just prescribed to Saunda's oldest kid after being diagnosed with covid 19. Nothing else but Zinc and was sent home. In a week she is almost over it. I to am over the infection but not the lung damage, don't know if I will ever be, we will see.

The moral:
Wear a mask when cleaning up the shed. If you wear a mask for the other outbreak, spray it with Colloidal silver because silver kills virusus when it comes in contact with them. Take Zinc as a prophylactic in this pandemic time. But most important of all, keep the mice out before they can spread disease in your rig.

Last edited:
Update, put in mouse traps and baited with Peanut butter, with dryer sheets still putting off stink. As far as I can tell, and check weekly, no new critters have gotten in. Traps are undisturbed. Go figure.
I've found traps to be the most effective. I always have them set with peanut butter. I have traps in the wet bay and other cargo compartments.

I also looked behind the kitchen sink and filled holes with silicon.

This summer we picked up some guests from one of the campgrounds we stayed at. The traps got them.

I use the electronic things near passenger seat, one in the bedroom, and one in the electrical bay. Also I put essential peppermint oil on cotton in tea balls, everywhere, in drawers, cabinet, under the dash, hanging from ceiling vents, etc. I refresh regularly. When standing outside the coach near the bays one can smell the peppermint. I also hang some in the engine compartment, along with moth balls. These also hang from various spots under the rig. I also tie a peanut or other plastic bottle wit holes in it to the tire covers so that when the wind blows, the scent gets distributed under the coach, and it rattles around and makes some noise. I also put brass wool around the wires under the kitchen sink and sprayed rodent repellent foam around those. There are also TomCat poison houses around the house. Praying that is enough. Phew!

Latest resources

Back