Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve17

RVF Regular
We have a 2018 Tiffen 33AA. Trying to connect Roku devise to the hdmi on our TVs. Please advise as we can’t access the back of the tv’s???

Do you have HDMI cables going elsewhere, like to a satellite box or DVD player? If so, you could install the Roku there.

The Roku looks sim to a thumb drive with a male hdmi connection that typically inserts into the hdmi port on the back of the tv. Trying to figure how to access the back of the tv ?? Thx

The Roku looks sim to a thumb drive with a male hdmi connection that typically inserts into the hdmi port on the back of the tv. Trying to figure how to access the back of the tv ?? Thx
Understood, and if you prefer behind TV, that's fine, but they usually come with a short cable adapter so you can install on end of HDMI cable, and power with USB. Trying to give you an option to use it, if you can't get to back of the TV.

You should be able to access the back of your TV's. Can you provide a picture of the one you want to install a Roku on?

See attached. I can see the usb port but not the hdmi port??

Attachments

• IMG_9774.jpeg
    IMG_9774.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
There has to be a way to install / replace a TV such as that. Can you look behind it and see if it's on a mount that can be pulled and extended?

The mount for your TV is (most likely) a (drop in ) slide-in. That is, if you lift it up and pull it out it should come out. It's likely held in with a release. Get a flashlight and look for a release, engage it and lift up and out. That's my opinion anyway 😉 As Neal said, you can access (remove) your TV... it's just the "how" part that's puzzling. Good luck...Blessings

It has a bracket on the top and bottom that screw into the wall. Does not appear to be a way to access the screws. It would seem like you should be able to just lift the tv off the brackets. The Roku stick requires 110 power as well and there is none by the tv. The current hdmi chord goes thru the wall to the direct tv box. I’m wondering if I can disconnect the hdmi chord from the direct tv box and attach the stick to chord???

Latest resources

Back