• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GusinCA

RVF Regular
Hello, new owner here!

Is there anyone beside Trick Fab in Georgia that builds and installs rooftop decks or patios for RVs? I live so far away from there but I will make the drive if I can't find anything else...

Thanks!

I am sure there are plenty of fabricators capable and spread all over the country, but they(TrickFab) certainly have some experience from their website.....

I just can’t find ANYONE else who does this sort of thing, even they don’t show up on Google search but you hear of them mentioned in forums. They seem REALLY good at what they do, but what a drive! (2k miles each way! $$$)

There was a time I gave such a thing a thought. But alas solar became more important to me!

I agree with @TheLooks . Any aluminum fabrication shop could make something for you. Heck you may be able to order one and have a local install it!!!

Yeah, true enough, but when it comes to installing it I want someone who’s been doing that very thing for a long time. That really appeals to me about trick fab, but I’m surprised no one knows of any shop other than them who does those regularly…

I have only seen observation decks on vans and buses. Due to the construction I would think they would not appeal to someone who wants to sunbath. To me, I don't like diamond plate, and that was what I focused on. Hope you find what you need.

Thanks, I’ve put this question on several large forums and no one knows anyone else who does these, which is interesting because everyone I mention to says it would be a very cool solution to the problem of only having the space next to your RV (and in between RVs) to hang out outside. When I get it finished I’ll post pics…

The only issue as I see it is not compromising the roof of the RV, no matter what it is made of. Plus it must be removable. It is just aluminum fabrication after those questions have been answered. There is a lot of race related stuff in this area, I am only a few hours from this fabricator. Usually, demand drives the building of products. California must have a bunch of race related industries.

I agree, there must be some other builders and installers out there, but neither a search nor anyone on any forums know of any, which is wild. I definitely wouldn’t go to anyone who is just like “sure, we can do that, it would be our first but it looks pretty simple”. The appeal of trick fab is they have been doing this same thing for literally decades and have several examples on their site, including a video, of this exact thing being installed on class A motorhomes like mine…
We live in ours full time, and when you stand on the roof you can literally see the beach no matter where you are parked in the RV resort. Being able to watch the sunset with a (plastic) glass of wine in my hand is worth it to me…😊

So! as has been said about me, I will be as cryptic as possible! I will give a couple examples to get the juices going. I start with a high-school memory!
I lived in a community in Phoenix Az that the people mostly had their noses in the air. Yes, that kind of community! My family was on the fringe however. SO! For years developers tried to put in a high rise living building, also at the fringe of their community, and for years the community fought, and stopped the development. WHY! You might ask, was this such a problem? Well the argument put before the zoning committee was the people felt that their private living would be lost to peepers!!!

Forward many years!!!
Did you know, many federal parks have drone regulations??? I bet you know why!

To this! I will close with, The first time you say high to a neighbor, who has this view of privacy, you may start finding regulations in RV parks that will keep your deck out!

Personally I want more space than RV parks have to offer, so I get it! I understand why one might want a deck at events! However, I understand why neighbors with limited privacy, may not want a deck next to them.

Latest resources

Back