• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rooftop Deck/Patio?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So! as has been said about me, I will be as cryptic as possible! I will give a couple examples to get the juices going. I start with a high-school memory!
I lived in a community in Phoenix Az that the people mostly had their noses in the air. Yes, that kind of community! My family was on the fringe however. SO! For years developers tried to put in a high rise living building, also at the fringe of their community, and for years the community fought, and stopped the development. WHY! You might ask, was this such a problem? Well the argument put before the zoning committee was the people felt that their private living would be lost to peepers!!!

Forward many years!!!
Did you know, many federal parks have drone regulations??? I bet you know why!

To this! I will close with, The first time you say high to a neighbor, who has this view of privacy, you may start finding regulations in RV parks that will keep your deck out!

Personally I want more space than RV parks have to offer, so I get it! I understand why one might want a deck at events! However, I understand why neighbors with limited privacy, may not want a deck next to them.
I agree, sounds creepy to me, as a millwrght/fabricator by trade, I wouldn't do it due to structural liability, you can tell someone "no more than 2 people per 5 sq ft" but on "race day" they squeeze 5 or 6, big problems

I already asked, three major parks all said the same thing, basically: “RV’s have ladders, people can stand on their RV’s all they like, we won’t start banning RV’s with ladders either…”

I already asked, three major parks all said the same thing, basically: “RV’s have ladders, people can stand on their RV’s all they like, we won’t start banning RV’s with ladders either…”
Wow! So you asked!!! That tells me something. Anyhow the parks haven't started getting complaints, what you suppose they will do when the complaints start rolling in???

Sounds like a big expense
I am sure that there are a few fabrication shops in LA that do this. There was a shop in Chatsworth that built double decker trailers for vehicles and toys, all were custom to the clients needs. His work was incredible. He built a few for me. He is not the one to do it but LA has to have someone.
As for sitting on the roof deck, not for me, would not be worth the set up work at a campsite.
I imagine CGs will not do anything as this type of thing will not proliferate. Especially since most camp grounds have failed to stop the folks that light up their campsite like its the Las Vegas strip.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back