• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rotted floor under fresh tank

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I would if you haven't already take pictures and send to Newmar Essex CS person and the Service Manager. If not satisfied then on up the line. I would have a lot of no answers before giving up.

Does anybody know if the Fresh tank can be pulled out of the pass. side of the coach?
I’ll caveat my response by saying I do not now nor have I ever owned an Essex.

However, assuming there are similarities…

If you remove the pegboard, all three tanks should be exposed with the fresh water tank being on the floor. You’ll need to pop the tank drain up through the floor, unclamp the pex plumbing, disconnect the overflow, and then you can slide the tank out the passenger side. This can all be accomplished without removing the wet bay control panel on the driver’s side if you have the flexibility of a teenager and the patience of Job.

It was a fairly challenging job for me.

IMG_1482.jpeg

The unfortunate irony is I know a guy that purchased a 2018 Essex from NIRVC. There were major issues with water and I think a gasket was not installed that I believe goes between the house and chassis, or something along that line. From what I believe NIRVC replaced the coach, not sure of the circumstances, but I'm guessing it may not have been the only case or who knows if that coach was later sold with the problem. Hopefully your situation is just a typical wheel well water intrusion such as I had and discovered with a soaked pegboard early on which Newmar fixed under warranty. But a good inspection sounds warranted.

What type of test was performed to find the water leak?Just spraying water in the wheel wells?

I’m fully committed now.The tank is out and the floor is rotted out with a big hole next to the wheel well.I would like to post some pictures but I’m not smart enough to do it.Can somebody give me some instructions on how to do it?
Thanks
Randy

You should see an Attach files button. Use that to attach pictures, etc.

Thanks Neal,

Attachments

• FA1EC783-9F72-49B7-B87A-0C06F74EE48F.jpeg
    FA1EC783-9F72-49B7-B87A-0C06F74EE48F.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
  • BE81A50E-5909-4B06-BFBE-0C2E9917D843.jpeg
    BE81A50E-5909-4B06-BFBE-0C2E9917D843.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • D16F5501-8A99-4B23-A377-EC2D60B543E0.jpeg
    D16F5501-8A99-4B23-A377-EC2D60B543E0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
Click on the attach files at bottom of typing window, self explanatory after that.

That’s crazy for a 2018 multi hundreds of thousands priced coach and you and others being left in the cold.

Did Newmar fix whatever caused the problem in subsequent years?

How heartbreaking!

I agree. That should be covered under warranty as there was undeniably an issue since manufacture. I've found when calling Newmar, it's all in who you talk to. I've had some "agents" really try to help and some, well lets just say, not so helpful.

Latest resources

Back