• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Route to Newmar Service

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My understanding is tequila and or wine is involved after tunnels passages. Does the height of the tunnel favor one or the other?

Coming from Ohio so will be taking 30 to Ft Wayne.

Joe has a good suggestion, 30-15 is a safe bet. I've just about taken any one of the combinations going from OH. Some extremly narrow and rough county roads too.. With a loaded 22' trailer in tow, all the stop and go traffic lights on 30 finally got to me. Mainly, I took 30-469-69N, then onto 6W. Looks longer, but it was faster and less fuel for me. Though, the early part of 6 off I69 goes thru a few small towns and some traffic lights. after that, its clear sailing. One item to be heads up, is any potential road work or after heavy rains a road closure. I've had those, even on 6 when you have to take a detour with a large unit and a trailer in tow going thru some back roads. some experience, you may want to check indiana DOT, they should have some potential road closure info.

We have made routing errors coming out of Nappanee. When we were Newbees picking up the CanyonStar in 2018.
Ended up with memories and lessons. Traveling down patched up, 16’ wide road, no line, no shoulders, tree covered will make you regret trusting Garmin! 🤓

But we saved 5 miles….

Taken RT 6 as well, both ways, from west and east, not bad either.

30 to 15 was not bad.

Was one section on 15 they were working on where it was one lane with a temporary traffic light.

Will take the same pure out this weekend.

Coming from the west I’ll probably drop down from 80 to 30 just east of Jolliet to avoid the Chicago area. Anyone know of any issues with US30 from Joliet and Plymouth IA?

I've done the 30 from Joliet, lots of small town and stop&go traffic. I even tried 80, 130, 30. Just the same. Had to go to factory from Autobahn a number of times. The best route for me was 80 to 19S right to Nappanee. 80 to 2 and then 20 is ok. Steady pace and as little stop&go as possibe, was my preferred choice. The 80 from S chicago to indiana line is usually a mess. If you pick the right time of the day, its manageable. Mid day, very early am or late night. is when I usually tried to time going accross the hell whole. I hate going accross that 'town'. I often had to go to Wisconsin, I even contemplated to go UP michigan and then take the ferry accross the lake to wisconsin, just to avoid that place, but the timing never worked.

Latest resources

Back