Superstar 4061
RV Length
Chassis
FCCC
Engine
Cummins 360
TOW/TOAD
Hyundai Elantra Sport
So, we are headed to Newmar Service and have a question about the route options.

Coming from Ohio so will be taking 30 to Ft Wayne.

From there it looks like we get a couple options
1. From Ft Wayne take 33 up to 6 and then to the service center.
2. From Ft Wayne stay in 30 then take 15 up to 6 and then to the service center.

Anyone taken these that has input on road conditions etc?

Or another that didn’t come up as an option from Ft Wayne coming in on 30.

Thanks in advance.

I'd take #2. I've driven that route. It is OK for a large Class A. Also less chance to make a wrong turn.:)

Attachments

• ft wayne to nappanee - Google Maps.pdf
    393.2 KB · Views: 3
I'd take #2. I've driven that route. It is OK for a large Class A. Also less chance to make a wrong turn.:)
Thanks. Should be ok for our Superstar then.

neal you need to watch my video about trip to NYC. I ended up on a two lane dirt road following GARMIN. It was named Dusty Loop!
on that trip I wonder what founts the onboard Routing system would have provided. That system unfortunately was not engaged at the time.

I now always verify route in advance when traveling In a RV.

I haven't seen it @Joe Hogan and yes, I'm sure there can be surprises, my main situations have been with road closures. I blame part of the issues observed on user error based on inputs and settings such as what roads are allowed vs. not, etc. And beyond that, how are we going to have good stories to share if we take the fun out of it??? :)

No gps is ever perfect. been there and done that too many times to count. Trust but verify. I carry a truckers atlas to verify and I check other online sources if needed. I also check the weather so I know what is expected.

To date I've been very pleased with the Garmin RV 890. I'm sure as time progresses, tech continues to improve as well as products such as this. I do have my phone paired to it for live traffic which I believe is a valuable piece as well. As I've mentioned before I also have my phone on Waze which is connected to the dash unit via Apple CarPlay which gives me audibles for road hazards, etc. ahead. I do own and carry a trucker's atlas, that's the extent of it, I've never felt the need to use it to date but I have it if needed.

I remember a route on the coast of Oregon going through a tunnel. @ARD gave me a heads up on that one in some offline trip planning. I think I had an issue with the Garmin wanting to take me on a much longer route due to this tunnel as the tunnel may advertise something lower than it actually is...I can't remember. We have a lot of tools available to us to research as needed. Study as you desire based on where you're going. The main thing I believe is important is a good look at your destination such as on Google Maps (SAT view) but that doesn't apply to this thread. Although last time I went to Newmar @ARD gave me the heads up on a road closure getting into the campground and having to use the other road in (not at the BK).

Is the correct phone number 1800CALLARD? I keep getting a busy signal. Could you please hang up so others can get through.

Premium subscription service. Adds call button to RV 890 screen. She's been everywhere and has every tunnel mapped as she loves tunnels.

Latest resources

Back