Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bashepa

RVF Newbee
We just purchased a new 2021Jayco Greyhawk 30z. I'm retired and don't want to do everything myself any longer. The dealer is offering the RV Complete Protection Package. There is an exterior and interior coating plan along with other protection plans being offered.

Does anyone have any comments on the coatings, and/or the other package? I know that this package is a high mark up item for the dealer, but the plans cover everything including gap insurance.

My experience...long ago...with “coatings” is that they are applied by a 16-year-old with a spray can in the back of the dealer’s lot. YMMV

If you want an extended warranty, I suggest that you shop around rather than buying what the dealer offers. Those plans are rarely that good. Again, YMMV.

TJ

I myself wouldn't go for any extra plan offered by the dealer. In my estimation any thing over and above the original warrantee is a rip off and a big money maker for the dealer.
With that said; what is the "Interior" and "exterior" protection ?
Also if you do get it, are you prepared to go back to the dealer every time some little thing goes wrong and then leave it tied up there

Jack L

Run don't walk away from these special plans. They only give the dealer extra money. Most of them has so many exclusions in the fine print that they won't cover much when you need it to.

Having once purchased all of that stuff for $1,000, I would say your money would be better spent paying someone, $200 to put a good coat of Rejex on, once a year for five years, (I do it myself, twice a year), and maintain a good coat off wax on it in between. I was shocked when I found out the expensive coating was just a spray they sprayed on just before I drove it away.

Latest resources

Back