• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
Want to help Neil promote this forum. Here is a tip. Just rename the SSID on your coach WiFi router to "RVForums.com". Then every time you enter an RV park you will broadcast the URL for this forum to everyone else in the park as they hook up to local WiFi. Makes no difference what name you give to your SSID. Works the same with any name. Might as well give Neil some free advertising.

I like that :) Going to setup one of mine to do that now :)

I would probably also like to get one of those lettering jobs for my top of the windshield so that my coach is also a traveling advertisement and potentially a business write-off. Maybe for the next coach. If anyone knows where that lettering for coach windshields is done let me know.

Pepwave 1 is broadcasting. Great idea! Guess I won't use "FBI VAN" any more :)

I like that :) Going to setup one of mine to do that now :)

I would probably also like to get one of those lettering jobs for my top of the windshield so that my coach is also a traveling advertisement and potentially a business write-off. Maybe for the next coach. If anyone knows where that lettering for coach windshields is done let me know.

Actually you should consider a nicely done "bumper sticker" that could be put on the back of RV's and TOADS. Give one free to everyone who signs up for annual subscription.

Actually you should consider a nicely done "bumper sticker" that could be put on the back of RV's and TOADS. Give one free to everyone who signs up for annual subscription.

Absolutely. Will be doing that in time as well.

I changed mine to:

"ToWinAFreeDutchStarGoToRVForums.com"

:ROFLMAO:
Now, THAT'S a "promotion."

Seriously for a second, if two or more folks pull into a park and have the same SSID name, does that create any conflicts? Or, is the SSID name passive? An old dinosaur is curious.

TJ

Seriously for a second, if two or more folks pull into a park and have the same SSID name, does that create any conflicts? Or, is the SSID name passive? An old dinosaur is curious.

I don't think so as there's more to it than just the name. For example my internal mesh wifi router (Netgear Orbi) actually uses the same name across various bands and the devices pick the best or vice-versa. I'm not sure. My guess is you would see multiple of the same name in a list, now choosing yours from another would be the challenge. I think there is actually a unique ID behind each name, the name itself is just the friendly non techy part instead of a globally unique identifier (guid) being shown.

I changed mine to:

"ToWinAFreeDutchStarGoToRVForums.com"

I really don't know how to thank you enough for donating your new DSDP! You are a true friend and a hero!

Latest resources

Back