RV Length
30'
TOW/TOAD
2011 ford f250
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone,
Hope all are well
I'm looking for the latest and greatest rv gps.
Currently have garman rv 780.
I continue to download updates as available but feel there is a newer version.
This is about 3 years old.
Thanks all,safe travels

Why do you want to upgrade? I have a 780 and 890 for backup. Both work great.

Have the new "Garmin 1095", & am very pleased. Really like the bigger screen!
Had a "Garmin 770", which was excellent!
Maintain updates for your Garmin, & they are quite dependable!

Here's a link:

Amazon product ASIN B09ZK66DW3

One (several) things I like about the newer Garmin such as my 890 (and later) as I'm coming from the 770.
  • Live traffic: This is gold in that it knows your route, construction, delays, etc. and can offer (or automatically) re-route you as needed. As it knows the parameters of your RV it will do so safely as well. I've had this happen and used it several times.
  • Free map and software updates
  • It has the campgrounds in the database making it easy to find your next stop, verify the address, and add to your route
  • Large clear display, I think the 770 was a bit on the small side.
  • Phone integration, if desired. This isn't always a good thing, the Garmin's try to take ownership of the calls and sometimes you have to fight it to get it to ear buds, etc. But it shows the notifications from my phone while traveling which is nice to keep in the know
Probably many other things but these are the top items to me. I have had no issues with the Garmin and routing other than when I put the info in wrong! The only time I know to ignore the Garmin is getting off the route for fuel stops as it will calculate an alternate route, you have to ignore it and get yourself back to the highway, etc. and it will resume from there.

Why do you want to upgrade? I have a 780 and 890 for backup. Both work great.
I feel it may not really have capacity. With all the correct info and updating. It has sent me down roads of rocks and then a wooden covered bridge that was way to low. Heck of a time backing on the rock and making the return direction.
Just feel there is somthing more recent.

I feel it may not really have capacity. With all the correct info and updating. It has sent me down roads of rocks and then a wooden covered bridge that was way to low. Heck of a time backing on the rock and making the return direction.
Just feel there is somthing more recent.
Probably a stupid question, but do you have it set for a truck of x height and y weight?

Yes, I checked after to be sure and it was correct.
A new gps is lots of money so I keep checking updates and since have done my best to check the route ahead of time.

Phone integration, if desired. This isn't always a good thing, the Garmin's try to take ownership of the calls and sometimes you have to fight it to get it to ear buds, etc. But it shows the notifications from my phone while traveling which is nice to keep in the know
Ours was doing the same thing and I found a setting to turn off the Garmin from picking up the phone calls. Traffic portion still stays connected.

Latest resources

Back