RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No

Old Topic - Insurance - Check the fine print. Please note: Unless you buy rider (not sure you can get rider for this), but civil insurrection, riots, nuclear war, war, and several other situations ARE NOT INSURABLE, regardless of company. CHECK THE FINE PRINT-Disclaimers, exclusions, and items not covered. Talk to an agent, not just sign up on the internet, make sure you know what is insured, and what is and is not covered. I know for sure, that many of us do not have enough "contents coverage" especially if you are full timing in your RV. I don't have any relationship with the RV Odd Couple other than to appreciate their information. They are very nice folks, as we have communicated numerous times on various subjects. I have checked on Insurance for our situation, and company after company has not panned out on coverage. My present company does but they are expensive for NON FULL TIME coverage. We might change to another company, but have not made up our minds, as we have been with this one for over 20 years. And trust me shopping for insurance is a big PIA, tripled.

You are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, can you afford to lose it? Hope this opens some eyes.

Oh, got to thinking, and I am not sure how to broach this, but many of us have personal protections devices in our RV's. If the situation arises and you have to use that device to protect yourself and an injury or death occurs to that person, you most likely will end up in Jail at least for a short time. This is especially true in CA, OR, WA, NY, IL and several other states. I have a CWP, issued by my home state, but that permit, is not valid in some states, so first I check to see if the states I am going through have reciprocal agreements with my home state. If not, then I need to decide if having that device with me is safe to carry, ignoring the law if I feel necessary. The second thing, is, in today's world, with all the unrest, and hate going around, the chances of having to use my device are on the rise. Can I afford to pay legal fees necessary to say out of Jail, and not be sued to death. I bought CCW Insurance through USCCA. The policies are annual, so think on this. You are thinking it will never happen to me, but it happens to lots of people every day. If this offends you, that is not the intent, my intent is to share the love of what I know, and what I don't here. Take my comments in that vein please.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back