RV lots

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'll let you know in 10 years ;-)

?Consider staying in the same place and paying monthly association fees?
I prefer visiting new places. My house is stationary.

Like someone else said, lots of variables. Is it in a State with low property taxes? Are there other expenses involved like HOAs, etc? How much will maintaining the property cost while you are away, mowing etc?

Almost 4 years ago we were on the verge of buying an RV lot in Florida. It was in a small gated community and was $29,000. To put the utilities in for the RV plus pour the concrete pad it would have been another $10,000 or more. We just weren't sure we wanted to fork out $40,000 to $45,000. Those same lots are going for $60,000 plus now but with utilities already put in. So we could have stayed there and gotten our money back.

Instead we signed on to a lot lease in another larger gated park down the road. The first 2 years the monthly lot rent was $287 per month. The third year it went up to $387 per month, and now it is $420 per month.

It has been a good money saving deal for us because we had been spending $5,500 to $6,000 per winter to stay in Florida. With this lot lease our average for 4 winters has been barely over $4,000. The leased lot came with a permanent shed, free lawn care, plus no one else can use it except us.

We are now in the process of purchasing a home so the lease RV lot deal was a good way to go for us.

Latest resources

Back