• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Mods

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In an accident, totaled is the best result.

So vacuumed construction is the issue! Simply put, the manufacturer relies on the foam, and it's glue bond with thin underlayment to maintain integrity! That with just enough studs to shore stressed weak points.

Because you can't replace their stud with your replacement stud, due to the foam construction, your wall is subject to flexing inward or outward due to lost integrity. No matter how strong the window assembly, that stud you cut will no longer keep the wall from bowing. That will in turn weaken the glue bonds in both the foam to plywood bond, and the bond between the plywood plying. When they give way find a wrecking yard!!! Why? Because every attempt to fix it has a self induced failure point!!!

Only exception is to shore up with frame, ceiling to floor cabinets, or some other similar addition!

Is this thread resolved? Or is has it seen new life?

Personally I am with forest river on this project! I would question whether they put enough studs, or anything close to a standard spacing, to render a strong wall after you cut into and modify it!!!
Nothing remotely resembles spacing. It's random as to the locations of windows and doors, then whatever the requirements are at the time as far as what materials the walls are. The only RV manufacturer I'm aware of that does 16" spacing is Cedar Creek 5th wheels. Possibly some upper end motorhomes.

Nothing remotely resembles spacing. It's random as to the locations of windows and doors, then whatever the requirements are at the time as far as what materials the walls are. The only RV manufacturer I'm aware of that does 16" spacing is Cedar Creek 5th wheels. Possibly some upper end motorhomes.
Exactly!!!

Latest resources

Back