RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Vengeance Touring Edition 23FB13
RV Length
28’
Fulltimer
No
I would like to add a window to my TT. Does anyone have tips/tricks for doing this? I would like to avoid “studs” but have had no luck locating them or getting a drawing from the manufacturer. The camper has 2” vacuum bonded walls with aluminum “studs”. I’ve tried a stud finder but it seems to inconsistent for me to trust, I have one “stud “ located because the headboard was fastened to it. Please help

Hello @Jason Rincker please outline what TT you have and/or complete your profile to fill out your RV info. Link in my signature below.

Hi @Neal
2017 Forest River
Vengeance Touring Edition 23FB13
I think I got the info in my profile now

I would like to add a window to my TT. Does anyone have tips/tricks for doing this? I would like to avoid “studs” but have had no luck locating them or getting a drawing from the manufacturer. The camper has 2” vacuum bonded walls with aluminum “studs”. I’ve tried a stud finder but it seems to inconsistent for me to trust, I have one “stud “ located because the headboard was fastened to it. Please help
Have you reached out to Forest River to see if they could do this for you and provide an estimate?

Have you reached out to Forest River to see if they could do this for you and provide an estimate?
I have not. I’m not really interested in having them do it because of the time it would take with travel and all. I have asked for blueprints. Customer service claims they don’t have access to the info and if they did they wouldn’t be able to give it to me for liability reasons.

Maybe you could provide them with a drawing and dimensions of where you want to install a window and send that to them for review? They aren't providing you blueprints but maybe they could give you some feedback on an area you're considering?

Otherwise from stud sensors to borescope devices you may have to poke a hole and inspect, measure, etc. You could try searching this site for window replacement and read from others that had to find details on replacing a window in their RV as I recall some discussions in the recent past.

Amazon product ASIN B0928Q3T42

Be bold. If you aren't comfy, then at least have someone who is to take a look at the location to look for "obvious" stuff that will get ugly. Cut the inside panel first and peel away for inspect. If you plan correctly, you should be fine. If you have to move a wire, do it. Turn off propane tank and turn off electric before cutting. Inspect. If fine, cut the studs, cut the outside, put header and footer in, and put the window in.

Is this thread resolved? Or is has it seen new life?

Personally I am with forest river on this project! I would question whether they put enough studs, or anything close to a standard spacing, to render a strong wall after you cut into and modify it!!!

Is this thread resolved? Or is has it seen new life?

Personally I am with forest river on this project! I would question whether they put enough studs, or anything close to a standard spacing, to render a strong wall after you cut into and modify it!!!
Generally speaking the window / frame / header / footer is just as strong as any wimpy studs in the RV wall.
And, if you have seen any RV accident pictures...there is no strength. They fall apart like paper in the case of an accident.

Latest resources

Back