Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Parks with a 10 year limitation - is this for real?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hodapper

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Discovery 39S
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
CAT 330 HP
Fulltimer
No
In your experiences with this type of RV Park, on average how many parks actually enforce the 10 year age limit? Is it just to discourage the "trashed" campers and RV's from renting?

In my travels I’ve seen this restriction on literature but clearly not enforced everywhere

KOA Jacksonville two years ago
4904D23D-8C8B-49E6-B4C2-9672D4FF92DC.jpeg

Typically a park may ask you to send pictures of an old coach if they have a 10-year rule, and as long as the coach is maintained and not falling apart, it is not a problem. I have never heard of anyone being turned down because of the rule.

As stated above they normally ask for pics before approving the reservation. Just to keep out the old poorly maintained ones.

I've been flatly turned down twice, "15-year rule." One was for an overnight site at a park in Nowhere, Tenn. and at at a somewhat dumpy park at Clarksville, Ind. that actually had a photo showing the same year and model of my RV on their website. Both parks are gone now.

Never been turned down yet. We try to stay at State or Federal parks most of the time, but have not been turned down at any privately owned parks.

Unless you REALLY know your motorhomes, it's extremely difficult to tell if it's a 2014 or 2018. What's to prevent someone from calling their 2009 motorhome a 2013?

Unless you REALLY know your motorhomes, it's extremely difficult to tell if it's a 2014 or 2018. What's to prevent someone from calling their 2009 motorhome a 2013?
The registration?

I've never been asked for mine either, but have given it thought. To your question, I would not try to misrepresent the age for fear they'll ask to see the registration.

Latest resources

Back