Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve and Cindy

RVF Regular
Wifey and I want to go to Florida for the winter. We’ve been searching for an RV park with vacancies for months. Almost every one we called rejected us because our coach is older than 10 yrs. It’s a 2000 Newmar London Aire that’s in immaculate condition inside and out. The parks that allow the older coaches are all booked up. Some can’t handle a 40’ coach. We’re supposed to be leaving in a month and still have nowhere to go. Does anyone know of any parks in Florida with vacancies that will accept an older 40’ coach? We’re not fussy. We’ll rent just about anywhere at this point.

Wifey and I want to go to Florida for the winter. We’ve been searching for an RV park with vacancies for months. Almost every one we called rejected us because our coach is older than 10 yrs. It’s a 2000 Newmar London Aire that’s in immaculate condition inside and out. The parks that allow the older coaches are all booked up. Some can’t handle a 40’ coach. We’re supposed to be leaving in a month and still have nowhere to go. Does anyone know of any parks in Florida with vacancies that will accept an older 40’ coach? We’re not fussy. We’ll rent just about anywhere at this point.
I own an RV lot in Silver Springs that I just recently bought. I don't think there is an age limit on coaches, but I'll check. What months are you thinking of going? I know we'll be using it off/on throughout the Winter, but there will be some vacant time as well, given we will be in Key West and surrounding areas.

If you're not a member of thousand trails you can still rent there - call Thousand Trails Orlando. 352-394-7575

Can you just tell them it's a 2015?. How are they going to tell?

The place we stay has a ten year rule but they ask for pictures if older. Our friends were with us there last year in a 2005 - no issues once they sent pics.

Not sure if they are booked full - The Tides in Palmetto FL.

Could also try Fisherman’s Cove in the same area.

Cypresswoodsrv.net is in Fort Myers FL has a rental page, there are some options available there. My wife and I own there and will be there as soon as we get our RV back from the repair shop.

Latest resources

Back