Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV pricing is it dropping or is this typical?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BGMAC

RVF 1K Club
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Georgetown XL M-369DS
RV Length
37ft
Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
I was scanning through Marketplace this morning to see what’s out there. Kind of like going to yard sales. lol. I noticed some price slashing on new Newmar’s. This go my attention because so many of you guys have them. Is this typical? I’m seeing numbers nearly at the same price of 2023’s and are near the low retail of 2023’s according to JD Power. These prices are way beyond my reach so I never really looked before.

Attachments

• IMG_3653.png
    IMG_3653.png
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3652.png
    IMG_3652.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
With the economy and downturn in RV sales had heard they were getting close to the 30% discounts again.

The pics look to be around 25% so that would seem to a good starting point for the current marketplace.

I was scanning through Marketplace this morning to see what’s out there. Kind of like going to yard sales. lol. I noticed some price slashing on new Newmar’s. This go my attention because so many of you guys have them. Is this typical? I’m seeing numbers nearly at the same price of 2023’s and are near the low retail of 2023’s according to JD Power. These prices are way beyond my reach so I never really looked before.
Have these already been on the lot a year? Were they rejected by the customer? Need to always determine the story behind these. What's left in factory warranty or is it expired already?

I was looking at ‘24 Newmars on NIRVC’s website yesterday. Advertised price was 20% off MSRP. I don’t know if they will go lower.

Have these already been on the lot a year? Were they rejected by the customer? Need to always determine the story behind these. What's left in factory warranty or is it expired already?
These are my assumptions based on reading between the lines of the add. I don’t know for sure.
1. They have been on the lot for sometime or “sister lots”.
2. I’m not sure why “rejected by customer” would have relivance.
3. Usually (not sure about Newmar) if the unit has never been sold you still have full factory warranty. Is that not correct?

I’m not sure why “rejected by customer” would have relivance.
I'm just thinking of @Stuart W's recent story with his Entegra - how does that get handled after him?
Usually (not sure about Newmar) if the unit has never been sold you still have full factory warranty. Is that not correct?
Maybe it triggers off of "in service date" and is not an issue. Let's take an extreme, a brand new 2023 Newmar is still on the lot today. You buy it, do you have a 1 year Newmar warranty in effect or just dealer warranty?

I'm just thinking of @Stuart W's recent story with his Entegra - how does that get handled after him?

Maybe it triggers off of "in service date" and is not an issue. Let's take an extreme, a brand new 2023 Newmar is still on the lot today. You buy it, do you have a 1 year Newmar warranty in effect or just dealer warranty?
I don’t know @Stuart W story. I’ll have to look for it.

I can only relate warranties with new car purchase and when a bought new 2012 GMC pickup in 2013 I got all the warranty as if I bought it the year it was made.

If a unit has been on a lot for a year or longer, all rubber components have sat mostly still in the elements for that time.
Seals, O rings, filters in systems have not been exercised or had lubricants, operating fluid moved through system, for that time.
Filters have a shelf life.
These rigs are littered with all sorts of valves, check valves etc. just the braking systems have dozens of valves.
Tires have one year less time on them. Tires need to go through heat cycles and movement to replenish protective compounds.
So buying a year old lot unit needs a discount.
Yes there is a warranty but if you are in the boon docks it is a bummer trying to sort these things out.

From my post you can see why we do Factory pickup on new units.

Latest resources

Back