Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cedarchick

RVF Newbee
Hello... So, I'm pretty new to the RV life. An old friend left me his 2019 Heartland Cyclone 4005, and was wondering if when replacing a frig, you have to replace it with the exact model, or are there possibly others that will fit and still look good. Thanks in advance...

Before you just toss in the towel on the old one, check it out well or pay to have it checked. I have replaced absorption fridges for people that watched youtube and decided it was toast. They are fickle things but work well when kept up and installed correctly.

Before you just toss in the towel on the old one, check it out well or pay to have it checked. I have replaced absorption fridges for people that watched youtube and decided it was toast. They are fickle things but work well when kept up and installed correctly.
We just purchased a new class c with a Norcold and found out the new propane fridg. will not work at high altitude, where most of our camping is done. We are in Arizona and everyone here escapes to the mountains to avoid the high temps. How can they sell these RV's with this fridg. in the west?

When I had a propane fridge it did it's job around big lake. It looses efficiency up there, but cooler temperatures put less load on the unit.

Of course you may just be finding out that ice-cream is a problem with all propane fridges.

Ice cream was a winter thing when these units were invented......we are spoiled....

Ice cream was a winter thing when these units were invented......we are spoiled....
🤣🤣🤣 adsorption offers a great solar freezer! Who cares about COP! Oh! Off topic!!! Did you ever work on a servile???

Ran mine from Friday night to just an hour ago, freezer frozen solid. It was 96 today and it worked great. They have to be installed well and maintained well.

We just purchased a new class c with a Norcold and found out the new propane fridg. will not work at high altitude, where most of our camping is done. We are in Arizona and everyone here escapes to the mountains to avoid the high temps. How can they sell these RV's with this fridg. in the west?
This may or may not be related but I “upgraded” my three burner stove to a Dometic S31 (stainless with a heavy grate) more for aesthetics than anything (looks great ) but also the heavy grate doesnt rattle going down the road. Nice stove. But it didn’t work at higher elevations, even 2500-3000’, much less 6,000. After going around and around with Dometic trying to get a regulator (my guess as to why it didnt work) I gave up on them (I’m not qualified so they wouldn’t sell one to me) and I installed the regulator from my OE stove and it has been flawless ever since. So…..maybe that’s the problem with your fridge…?

One of the issues with availing myself of Dometic’s warranty was that the stove wouldn’t malfunction at low altitude where all the local authorized service centers are located around here. I could have driven the coach to Reno (2 hours and 25 gallons of fuel each way) and left it there for 2-4 weeks while they got to it, but that didn’t work for me, obviously. And of course the fine folks at Dometic couldn’t wrap their heads around that concept. So I was on my own and delat with it accordingly.

Latest resources

Back