Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LookingRound

RVF Regular
I've been reading a number of posts on different pages saying that the seam at the bottom of the shower should or should not be sealed. I recently bought a Crossroads Longhorn 2014. It will not be moving for the foreseeable future so the flex from travel is not a factor. It had some kind of sealant on it when I got it it but I could see some gaps. I tried using DAP Kwik Seal but it didn't hold on what I guess is plastic so I pulled it off (see picture). I'd like to seal up that area and would appreciate advice on the best stuff to use. Thanks.
IMG_20231122_200356.jpg

Appreciate your reply.I just don't grasp how some of the water hitting the bottom of the shower doesn't bounce through that crack and get in between the shower wall and wall or how I would see it if it did. Are most RV showers made this way? The reason I've seen for leaving it alone is that it allows an area to get air and dry but if it's sealed what needs to be dried? New to RV's so trying to understand this. Thanks.

All are made this way in entry level campers. There is an overlap behind the crack that prevents it from bouncing up and in. The caulking just traps water/moisture and makes for mold.

Latest resources

Back