Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

yellowbird

RVF Newbee
I am currently looking at purchasing a functioning RV park. I am looking for input from users as to their expectations/complaints. I need to know what makes an enjoyable stay, as well as what makes it no go. The park has RV slots, cabins and tent spaces available. I am looking for any information that will be germane to the subject, from the users point of view, whether large or small in effect.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Welcome to RVForums @yellowbird. For me, I don't like road noise. I like a camping feel and not a RV parking lot. Well laid out and well planned. Full hookups. Level sites. If you're going to offer WiFi then speeds better than 10 Mb at all sites with secure WiFi.

Level sites that give space between neighbors. Consistent voltage and amperage. Water pressure and volume that is not too high or too low. On-site store for necessities that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

There was a time that RV's didn't have slides. Parks that were designed back in the day have trees in the way of slides, slides take up neighbors spaces. Drive thru spaces are a big plus, I guess that past RV owners knew how to back into a space. Many older parks don't have enough power for modern rigs.

When I worked at an RV park for a season many of the spaces were not acceptable to those that travel today. We had many requests to change spaces so I would say look long and hard at what is in the spaces to see if they fit today's standards first and foremost. A lot of managing time goes into such problems.

Clean bathrooms, monthly and weekly discounts, level sites, breathing space between sites, wi-fi, cable preferred. Concrete pad or gravel preferred over grass. One of my favorite places has a group bonfire on Fri and Sat nights, The owners mingle and socialize wwith the guests - very nice touch.

Lots of great suggestions above. Newer parks seem to have more space in their sites. I know shrubs and trees make a good separation between sites but always seem to be in the way, both in width and height. I like sites that once I’m setup I still have some room around the coach to access the basement and exterior of the coach.

I am currently looking at purchasing a functioning RV park. I am looking for input from users as to their expectations/complaints. I need to know what makes an enjoyable stay, as well as what makes it no go. The park has RV slots, cabins and tent spaces available. I am looking for any information that will be germane to the subject, from the users point of view, whether large or small in effect.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
A level dump station.
I HATE to leave a campground and not be able to properly dump.
I sometimes wonder what in the world they were thinking when they designed dumps that slope away from the connection.

@NWIP reminded me of something...green walls between coaches, i.e. landscaping so you don't look out your window and look at your neighbors. We want to feel like we're camping, not in a RV parking lot.

Full hook ups. Enough space so you don't feel like you're on top of the people next to you. Clean facilities. Cable for computer and TV. Picnic table at each site. Gravel or concrete pad for table at each site. Being able to reserve a spot on-line is nice.

Latest resources

Back