Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have been working on customizing my daughters jeep. She has an ocean blue JLU sport, and wanted to accent it with the Mojito colors. This happens to be the colors of her favorite Dallas Mavericks jersey.
I think @Neal
20200601_204745.jpg
20200601_204752.jpg
should consider this.

Yes!!! Looking great! I love the hover thrusters!!

If I got a Jeep I would not get any work done for another two years! I finally got beyond the RV mods (I think). A Jeep would not be approved by my mod therapist!

That looks great! Is that a piece of screen that you cut/painted or did you buy it aftermarket? Really looks good. I was going to do something similar but was worried about cutting down the air to the radiator. Was probably just me worrying though as I've seen others do this and they didn't seem to have any issues.

Question, do the JL stock lights work any better that the previous Jeeps? The ones that came on my stock JK were nothing short of worthless and screamed for LED's.

The black grill removes easily in 3 separate pieces.

First remove the front fascia, and then remove screws and fastners holding the black grill to the front fascia.

When spraying I put a lite coat on both sides, and rotated it 360 degrees to make sure I hit every angle. I did 3 coats, but they where lite coats. Easy to keep adding layers, hard to sand runs.
20200602_181846.jpg
20200602_181806.jpg
20200602_181758.jpg
20200602_181819.jpg

oh boy!
As an owner of 2 Jeeps, I know exactly what can happen to the brain....and the money! That is a nice little JL.

wow redbaron, what a dad you are. I'm available for adoption...

I reminded Sarah how good a father I am after removing her dash for painting. The airbag panel was the most difficult part.

I decided that since we had gone this far, the silver dash needs to match. I also painted other various trim like the speaker surround
20200603_172632.jpg

With the dash out, I decided now is the time to install the dual band Icom ham radio we have been talking about....so today is electrical and fabrication day.

Meanwhile my jeep is collecting parts to be installed for the ham radio and diabolical slipstream.

I have finished the work on my daughters jeep, and she drove it home tonight.

Now I get to start working on my jeep. 20200605_192449.jpg20200605_192419.jpg

That looks very nice @redbaron. You do good work and it's clear you have an eye for detail.

Latest resources

Back