• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RVing with E-Bikes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
yep - gel and all that. Must be something to do with age because it didnt happen when I rode a lot in my younger days. I wouldn’t have noticed it lately pre-ebikes because I never rode this much. These are the bars: https://spank-ind.com/products/spike-800-vibrocore™-bar?variant=19524496392278
I hope it helps because I really want to do longer rides. My bike range spec is 90 miles which realistically is more like 40 and I’d like to be able to do that.

Our bikes are around 60lbs (Specialized Tero) but they enable me to take longer rides and still get back to base in reasonably good shape without a struggle. I search for camping areas near trails and take as many 10-20miles rides as possible. The real limiting thing for me is that my hands get numb after about 10 miles. I’m changing to handle bars that claim to reduce this on this trip and we’ll see if it helps. But the weight doesn’t bother me - I ride a lot with the assist off and its a good workout - and I need as much of that as possible. I can see that they would be way more bike than one would need around the CG.
We also look for trails near our travels. There are so many that we would have had to pass up had we not invested in our e bikes. Many that we would have passed up even before our e bikes now are easy to ride, One of the most amazing was San Gabriel Canyon Road AKA Rt 39 not far from San Demas Ca. California State Route 39 - Wikipedia The closed to vehicles section is 5 miles of very steep but incredibly scenic views. Well worth the ride and so easy with the e bike. Near our home base in Alberta are many rides that. again, would no longer be accessible to us with our e bikes. Goat Creek Trail - Kananaskis Country | Alberta Parks Activities and experiences have a Fat Tire and my wife has a regular tire. Mine is a bit heavier but I like the ride and the ability to ride "off road" easier. We have always taken bikes with us but it was getting difficult fir my wife with the old "non e bikes" as she has knee problems. Our e bikes have given back our ability to explore with our bikes.

During our travels, since we purchased our e bikes, we have spent miles and miles that we would not have attempted. For us, money well spent.

Oh, just an FYI, our bike carrier came equipped with a loading ramp. Thule EasyFold XT | Thule | Canada

Darrell

yep - gel and all that. Must be something to do with age because it didnt happen when I rode a lot in my younger days. I wouldn’t have noticed it lately pre-ebikes because I never rode this much. These are the bars: https://spank-ind.com/products/spike-800-vibrocore™-bar?variant=19524496392278
I hope it helps because I really want to do longer rides. My bike range spec is 90 miles which realistically is more like 40 and I’d like to be able to do that.
You might want to look into Carpal Tunnel Surgery. I experienced the same problem. Surgery was quick and painless. Now no numbness,

Darrell

You might want to look into Carpal Tunnel Surgery. I experienced the same problem. Surgery was quick and painless. Now no numbness,

Darrell
Well first the bars. Then we’ll see. Not a big fan of surgery. I went in to the oral surgeon a couple days ago with a little jaw pain post wisdom teeth extraction and next thing I knew they were chiseling away at my jaw removing some errant bone growth. What fun!

Latest resources

Back