Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Safety cables...how do you attach to MH?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...stuff happens
1577810132715.png

• Wow
Reactions: ARD
"Stuff" does, indeed, happen! And, that one is pretty ugly.

My point in my earlier post is that a similar failure could occur wherever you attach the safety cables. I learned long ago that there is ALWAYS a failure point in any piece of equipment. Usually, it is well beyond the design stress for the part.

As I think most will agree, a failure like the one in the photo is extremely rare. It took a lot of force to rip that receiver section out. Welded on a Monday morning after a long party weekend, perhaps?

TJ

TJ, I agree, that this is very rare. However, at a safety seminar we attended in 2018, RVSEF, the women sitting next to me had a new 2018 Baystar that had a similar failure. She seemed t think it was the dealers fault as the dealer was somehow involved with the hitch installation. But her tow car passed her as she drove down the highway on her first camping trip. Luckily the car went into the grass median and came to a stop with minimal damage. But the hitch was destroyed and had to be replaced.
Her next trip was to the Safety Seminar to learn about Class A systems and towing. :)

I cross the BlueOx cables under the Avail bar (California requires them crossed). They reach fine even using a RoadMaster 10inch extension with a 2 inch drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back