Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Sani-Con and Amazon to the rescue!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just had this thought @Akdare. Idk how big the mess is or if you’ve already tackled it, if not cat litter should make it more managable.

Just had this thought @Akdare. Idk how big the mess is or if you’ve already tackled it, if not cat litter should make it more managable.
This is funnier than you realize...we have 10 cats. We can insert all kinds of cat litter box memes at this point.

I have a date with the power washer later...

Wear a face shield...

If only I had video of my first attempt with my barker tank ala sani-con. Thankfully in a huge site in a SP in a desert far far away. I ain't afraid of no....okay, I really need to put that back in the repressed part of my brain again. Back to work.

I hate to ask, but were you using a 3/4" diameter hose? There are some hoses that are cleverly advertised as "3/4"" because that's the size of the end connectors but the actual hose diameter is smaller.

Sorry for the mess. I feel partially responsible because I started this thread. My bad!

TJ

I was using a 3/4” hose...but...I had it hooked to a special adaptor to connect to the sewer clean out at the house. I thought I was making a neat install, but it just constricted the flow down to about 1/2” right at the end of the line.

Don‘t use one of these...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDOSLU/?tag=rvf01-20

@TJ&LadyDi , not your fault at all. I had already thought of it, and had bought the stuff, just hadn’t hooked it up yet.

I use a 3/4" 50Ft hose extension to dump while parked at our daughter's house. The first time I did this both tanks were fairly full and the the pump apparently overheated and stopped while using it to empty both tanks. I have since just used the Sanicon for the black tank and let the grey tank drain by gravity which has worked well. Since we are here for at least 4 to 6 weeks due to Covid 19, and frequently stop here during our travels, I ordered and just received 2 Sanicon hose extensions which I will try next week. Should work well without overheating the pump.
I emptied both tanks today using the new Sanicon hose extensions. Worked great and much faster than the 3/4 hose extension. While not cheap, well worth the cost to have the proper hoses and able to drain tanks quickly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back