Coachman
RV Model
Chaparral 360IBL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 KIA Niro
Fulltimer
Yes
My family and I are full timing, but aren’t traveling. The RV park has had really good internet till it went down and has now had a LOT of difficulties getting it back up and running. We are going to be looking at purchasing some property out of town a good ways in a few months and will need internet out there too(primarily so my wife can do some work online here and there).

Since we are mostly stationary, we are thinking about going with some kind of satellite internet since that is what we are going to need anyway in a few months.

Many moons ago I installed satellite dishes on top of Best Buy stores so having a tripod mount antenna would be perfectly fine.

So who is a good company to go with based off of y’all’s experience and roughly what kind of cost would we be looking at? Thanks in advance.

Would encourage you to take a look at internet service via a cellular provider. The Mobile Internet Resource Center is a good site to obtain some information on what is available.
Cost effective satellite internet service (Starlink ?) is a way out (depending on geographic location).

We have AT&T cell service. We are currently at a location that service is poor at best so purchased a Verizon prepaid phone and a jet pack for internet service. Kinda pricey but it works. When we get back into area we’re cell service is good we can suspend service on the Verizon devices and reactivate when we need them again.

Cell phone service is my choice. Did the satellite at one time. In that day upload was slow and down load was not great.

Remote locations cut on both sides, stores and services, service calls, and communications costs are all higher.

The advantage is controversial. Many agree and disagree on this one but it needs to be considered. Health and cell service don't run in the same circle.

Latest resources

Back