Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sdtraveler

RVF Newbee
I am hoping someone here can help me out. I've called Thor and Lippert. I've googled all the videos and read countless forum threads. I've done the resets and such. But the bedroom slide is stuck in, not out. So I can't get to the motors. None of the resources deal with a slide stuck in, where the motors are not accessible.

One side operates, the other does not. The one closest to the sliding glass door is stuck(not moving). Seems to me like the track is stuck somehow. I tried unplugging the motors and manually pushing the slide out, but it won't budge on either side when unplugged. I'm calling bs on the website that says that works. Service centers are backed up. If anyone has an idea for me, I'd love to hear it. Thank you in advance.
2020 Thor Outlaw 38KB.

Last edited:
I just saw your post. We recently had a slide that would not retract on a trip last October. With the hell of a tech by phone and an mobile tech I called we moved the retract wire on the controller and the slide came in. Once the wire was moved we engaged extend on the control pad and the slide retracted. We have Lippert controls on the slides. Each slide (3) has a separate control likely found in a storage bay.
2021 Coachmen Concord. We have been in the shop since 11/18.

Thank you for the reply. Slides seem to be a bain of the RV world. Like you, I did find the tech support from the manufacturer to be great. We walked through possible scenarios, including swapping the plugs on the controller. The slide being stuck in instead of out, has been a true pain in the ars. You can't get to the motor area on this rig when the slide is closed. And it won't open manually. Unfortunately, I appear to have a true physical problem. My date for service can't come soon enough since this is my home as well. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back