Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Fpowers

RVF Newbee
New travel trailer had several loose screws but I don't have the right square head tool. Anyone know where I can get this tool?

Canadians love these , I think they are called Robertson head?

Go to Tractor Supply or if you still have a Sears, maybe auto parts store and buy yourself a complete set of Torx bits! It will be a great investment! Most of not all screw heads in every MH will be square head, maybe different size also!! A complete set will come with all the different bit and a driver handle! Square, Allen, Flat head, Phillips head, star bits!!
Keep it where you can find it! Not buried in a toolbox or compartment!!

I purchased a great kit from Harbor Freight which contains all sorts of drivers. The quality of the steel isn't bad either.

Yah I did too. Had it for a few years now. All the Phillips heads are dead but I bought it for the security drivers anyhow.

New travel trailer had several loose screws but I don't have the right square head tool. Anyone know where I can get this tool?
Get yourself a screw driver with interchangeable heads that has all the variations. It is my most used tool.
You can get a good one for 10 or 15 dollars at Lowes, Home Depot or any hardware store.
I keep one in my trailer, one in my truck, one in my car and one at home

Jack L

The #2 square head is used in many Class A RVs, it is very common in fivers and TTs also. A manual screwdriver with reversible heads (phillips & straight) will serve you well. I have a couple Bosch 18v drill drivers with about every driver bit known to man. In my daily RV life I probably use one of those every couple of days for something.

Latest resources

Back