Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins ISL9
TOW/TOAD
2023 GMC Sierra
Fulltimer
Yes
I know there was a number that had front seats replaced or recovered under warranty due to peeling. Looks as if this issue has reared its ugly head again.

This is our theater seating front bottom cushion on 2020 DS, production date October 2019. We picked up coach on Dec 2nd so just over 3 months and starting to show up. Going to add to my Nappanee appointment on 9/21, list is growing?

Attachments

• 442AA28C-1469-4850-ADF8-2127EAE9791E.jpeg
    442AA28C-1469-4850-ADF8-2127EAE9791E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • F5E43B9C-D8E6-4957-80B1-539D9C7BCCAB.jpeg
    F5E43B9C-D8E6-4957-80B1-539D9C7BCCAB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
OMG, seriously? I remember several years ago this was an issue with a bunch of manufactures. But I haven't heard of it for awhile. Thank goodness it happened now and not in a year of so.

That's horrendous! Can't they just use quality upper end materials for this?

I have an older coach and all the furniture was made by FlexSteel. Every piece looked like that, but worse since nothing was done about it. We had heard of the issues from other owners which helped us decide to fix ourselves vs buy replacement parts from the manufacture. i am glad you caught it during your warranty.

Hate to hear of this. Last year (1 year after original warranty) Newmar replaced our two Captain chairs due to pealing. They replaced them with chairs that were meant for a 2019 production coach instead of having Flexsteel recover the original ones.

Now I'm wondering if these new seats will do the exact same thing in another year or so.

This is horrible. This and other things makes me wonder if trading in my near perfect (after 5 years of working on it Forester) for a new Newmar. It is scary, especially at this time in the countries financial history. If I only had the wisdom to make right decisions with perfect timing all of the time. Yabadabadooo!:cry:

I was keenly aware of the problem and kept a close eye on our seats in the 2017 and they were near perfect when we got this coach. I certainly didn’t think I was going to have the problem in this coach. I thought it was behind us at this point.

Update...Newmar rapidly decided they will change out ALL furniture during our September visit. They stated “ The vendor has made updates to the fabric so you will not see this issue with the new furniture.”

Our coach went into production 9/30/2019 just to give timeline.

After years of this, I believe going back to 2015's you would think someone would have corrected this from ever happening again.

I agree and seeing that it has been an ongoing issue I have a hard time with their statement that upgrades to material will prevent this from happening again but hopeful.

Latest resources

Back