RV Length
40’
Chassis
M2-112
Engine
Cummins L9 - 450Hp 1250 Tq
TOW/TOAD
Mojave - JT
Hello ALL- this group ceases to amaze me with answers. This one might be a little tough ….. so looking to purchase windshield cover for my M2 business class chassis Freightliner, like (magna shade) manufactures…..
The problem is magna shade start at $650. I’m hoping someone out there known of a similar product. I don’t like or need the wrap around that hooks on door corners.
I just need for windshield. Thank you for any help offered. Bryan

In the long run, just bite the bullet, and purchase Magneshade cover. It gives better reflection of UV rays, & heat reflection, & the big thing it is Easy to Install & Remove!
Oft times, cheaper is not better!
Good Luck, Stay Cool!:)

In the long run, just bite the bullet, and purchase Magneshade cover. It gives better reflection of UV rays, & heat reflection, & the big thing it is Easy to Install & Remove!
Oft times, cheaper is not better!
Good Luck, Stay Cool!:)
So to be honest, I had to do some research on the topic!(what is a) type search. I don't like spreading BS!

If you do as I did, and run the numbers, a couple of months will likely pay back more than investment! And they appear very easy to use!

We have a SuperC also and we use Magneshade for the past 2.5 years.
Solid product and is holding up very well. It has reduced the solar heat load dramatically at the front of the coach.
If you don’t want the door shades, call Magneshade and ask.
We bought the entire package including the windshield, door shades, bag, pole, wiper covers. Ended up sending back the door shades as they didn’t work well on our specific model without having to install magnets on the outside of the coach.
Magneshade gave us money back for the door shades, so I would assume they would sell you just the windshield cover if that is all you wanted.

Interesting thought.

We have weather tech covers in the inside of the windshield and doors. Also a leather hang up that covers the dash etc.

Would be nice to have something we could see out of and still cut down the heat load.

Following.

We have a SuperC also and we use Magneshade for the past 2.5 years.
Solid product and is holding up very well. It has reduced the solar heat load dramatically at the front of the coach.
If you don’t want the door shades, call Magneshade and ask.
We bought the entire package including the windshield, door shades, bag, pole, wiper covers. Ended up sending back the door shades as they didn’t work well on our specific model without having to install magnets on the outside of the coach.
Magneshade gave us money back for the door shades, so I would assume they would sell you just the windshield cover if that is all you wanted.
Thank you I will call and agree no side window covers

Interesting thought.

We have weather tech covers in the inside of the windshield and doors. Also a leather hang up that covers the dash etc.

Would be nice to have something we could see out of and still cut down the heat load.

Following.
I have a very nice formfitting interior window covers. But I want to be able to see out and still block out some of the sun heat and uv rays. It looks like I’m gonna have to bite the bullet.

So to be honest, I had to do some research on the topic!(what is a) type search. I don't like spreading BS!

If you do as I did, and run the numbers, a couple of months will likely pay back more than investment! And they appear very easy to use!

Kevin I knew that you would have a good response. Thank you and agree.😎

!!! I didn't know about magna shade!!! Looks like a good deal. nonetheless, made my own.. may not have been as good, but worked very well both with the frigid cold weather as well as in the summer.

Found the insulation at Lowes. It was the perfect width for the height of the newmar front windshield. Cut one just long enough to cover the entire width of the windhsield. With newmar, you have a day shade and a night shade. And there is enough gap between the two to fit one of these. I had the day shade down and then slide the insulation all the way up the shade and all the way accross the width of the windshield. Then lower the night shade to cover the insulation. I got this initially for a few weeks of stay in very cold weather (single digit) to keep the front insulated and worked well. then ended up using it in the summer as well. Worked fine.

Attachments

• Insulation.jpg
    Insulation.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
My windshield is completely covered. BUT if I wanted just a sun shade, I would probably just buy a 80% sun shade tarp. They last about two years on my freestanding shade canopy (stays up 24/7). The sun and daily gale force wind is rough on everything here in Hell (aka NM... "The Land of Entrapment"). I'm usually replacing the gromments that fail. I use steel zip ties to secure the shade cloths to the canopy frame. I usually buy the tan/dirt colour. You can sorta see thru it. You can buy shade cloth in varying shade coverage (usually 70%, 80% and 90%) and sizes. The 80% shade cloth is lightweight enough that a good sewing machine should be able to sew a hem on it. I'm pretty sure my Brother sewing machine could sew thru at least 3 layers with no problem, using a standard exterior upholstery thread (I buy upholstery thread at Walmart and Hobby Lobby).

When I rescreened the truck camper windows, I bought fiberglass shade window screening from Home Depot. It's the same stuff that I used to make the window screens for my bus. This stuff you can see thru. When I was testing it on the bus to see if is would be what I wanted, I just secured it in place using magnets (I have a steel bus - inside and out). After living with it for a week, I bought a few screen frame kits and started making frames. I debated on making a two part shade screen for the front windshield but decided not to. I live in RV parks and the view out the front tends to be of a drive and/or the front windshield of another RV. And then there was the privacy issue. The fiberglass shade screen is lightweight enough that a good sewing machine should be able to sew a hem on it. Making the hem is a bit tough as this stuff won't fold over and stay put. I'm pretty sure my Brother sewing machine could sew thru at least 2 layers with no problem, using a standard exterior upholstery thread. I haven't tried sewing any of these materials. For the truck camper, I did have to overlap tow pieces for the front cabover window. I simply glued the overlap with E6000.

Latest resources

Back