• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question See-through exterior windshield cover - 90% uv

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
!!! I didn't know about magna shade!!! Looks like a good deal. nonetheless, made my own.. may not have been as good, but worked very well both with the frigid cold weather as well as in the summer.

Found the insulation at Lowes. It was the perfect width for the height of the newmar front windshield. Cut one just long enough to cover the entire width of the windhsield. With newmar, you have a day shade and a night shade. And there is enough gap between the two to fit one of these. I had the day shade down and then slide the insulation all the way up the shade and all the way accross the width of the windshield. Then lower the night shade to cover the insulation. I got this initially for a few weeks of stay in very cold weather (single digit) to keep the front insulated and worked well. then ended up using it in the summer as well. Worked fine.
Thanks RD1 have the form fitted one for the inside from Dynamax. It’s perfect however, I can’t see out front. Really like those magna shades. I was hoping there’s something similar on the market but obviously there isn’t thanks to this group. I’m gonna have to bite the bullet. 🥲

Latest resources

Back