Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sportsdad12

RVF Newbee
Due to lifestyle situation change, I am considering selling my 2020 Sunseeker 22SLE RV. I am wondering if I should try to sell outright or trade as I am going to go to a smaller pull trailer. I have no idea how to cost it. It is in excellent condition and built well ( got before pandemic). It has maybe 30 minutes used on generator. Stove was never used. I only camped local so it has about 5000 miles on it. Was stored inside. It is set up already for towing as we towed the Jeep. Has a 7 year warranty on it that might be transferable (bought separate). I am not desperate to sell but want to start educating myself on selling it. Definitely not giving up camping- love it!

The question of selling on your own VS trade is always a tough one,. You need to weigh the POTENTIAL gain of selling yourself with trade credit (if your state gives it) and a clean transaction. Selling on your own does create some additional challenges. As for value, lenders use NADA.
Let me know if you need a hand finding value.
Holler if we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

@sportsdad12 ... Maybe try a "dealer pass through", sometimes called an "in & out" type of sell. I just did this with the dealer I was going to order a new coach from. You basically sell your coach on your own and then pay a small fee for the dealer to handle the paperwork and treat it as a trade in on the new coach order. That way you get the maximum value for your coach and then get to use that value as a trade in for the tax savings. Best of both worlds. Also, the dealer can offer potential buyers financing, extended warranties and other services that you as a private seller cannot.

In my case I ordered a new coach from NIRVC Atlanta, paid them a $1,500 fee for the pass through and saved about $20,000 on sales tax plus got what the coach was worth on the open market as a trade in value instead of what a dealer would normally give you.

If you are not buying a new coach, then this approach might not be an option. Also not all dealers will offer this. Just passing it on for what it's worth.

FLSteve

Last edited:
Just seeing this.
Finance work is what we do. We work with private buyers and sellers as well as dealers and also have a title company. Part of our process is loan payoff, sales tax paid and title and lien work. We have 12 lenders and each has a program that is a bit different. We have options for all strengths of buyers.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you
Ken

Latest resources

Back