Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GlenAM

RVF Newbee
My 92 Fleetwood Flair was running great last summer. Now the starter is barely getting enough juice to turn over a bit and if I do get it to start the plugs are barely getting enough juice to fire at all and then it dies. Even with new batteries and a jump start. Its like the batteries are cut off or else there is a major short. I don't know if that unit has a battery cut off switch or where the relay is for it. There are no switches anywhere around the doorway. It has a new alternator and coil and a dozen other things and all grounds are cleaned and good but she won't go. Any help would be most appreciated.

I would check the alternator output and the belt for slipping

I had a 92 Pace Arrow, also a Fleetwood product above the door was a small cabinet with locker switches for both the chassis and house batteries.
If you hear the solenoid click the chassis batteries are connected and you have an electrical issue somewhere.

Well I have a 92 PACE ARROW now and I'd check to see if you have a dragging starter . Meaning the worn starter is drawing excessive amperage . The switches above the door I don't think would have any bearing in your problem.

Check all cable ends. If you had to clean them, Check the wire under insulation. Check both ends of the cables.

Latest resources

Back