Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Servo moves the dump valve but no drainage happens.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Following since we have a 22 Superstar and have had the same “charmed life” experience so far.

Ok, confession time😢

The good news: the problem is resolved.

The better news: I must obviously be truly a genius, because I correctly diagnosed that the problem might be a blockage downstream of both shutoff valves.

Could we possibly just stop right there🫣? I didn’t think so..

Said blockage turned out to be the slinky cap which was still neatly tucked into the end of the hose nearest the coach , thus preventing anything from exiting. Nice to know, I guess, that the darned thing is so extremely watertight!

Now, can anyone offer a solution to my wife’s uncontrollable laughter? I’m afraid she’s going to pass out!

Hmm, I'm not sure how you can connect hoses with any cap in place. And in your picture you show the cap hanging from the hose. Can you clarify maybe where this is in your picture?

Regardless, I'm glad you got it resolved.

Appreciate the chuckle today!

Not at you but brought back some memories of similar things I’ve done in the past.

Glad to know I don’t need to watch for that one on our Superstar :D

Also glad my caps go on the outside of the hose and not inside or I’d probably do the same thing at least once.

Sorry for the confusion!
The cap I left in place is not the one in the previous picture. That one is part of the coach.It’s this one:

IMG_0925.jpeg

Two of these are included when you buy a new slinky. They are intended to be placed at each end of the slinky to prevent leakage into the storage compartment when they are not in use. They fit down into the inside of the hose on this brand… not over the end.

How was I supposed to know that you have to remove them from the ends of the hose before you hook up?

There oughtta be a label!

Latest resources

Back