Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Simple and obvious to most, removing items from their packaging (boxes) can save a lot of space.

What are your tricks to saving space?

I wrote a blog post about this, because our previous trailer was sooooooooooooo small. LOL. With permission, of course,, I would love to share it in this thread :)

No permission needed. Feel free to link it.

Thanks, Mrs Olney. I am moving into a new MH in April and was trying to figure out the fastest way to move stuff out of the old one so the dealer can drive it back to the dealership. Those collapsible bins might be very helpful.

My short experience has been copious use of plastic bins (stackable, when appropriate). I store everything from protein bars and K-Cups to air compressor hose and tire accessories, water hoses, sewer hoses, snacks behind the driver seat, on top of a bin with my rai/hiking boots, etc.. There is a bin for almost everything. There are tall bins under the kitchen sink for tall cleaning products and spares, and small open bins under the bathroom sink for the same. On top of the bathroom counter is a bin with all of the dauily stuff liquid soaps, disinfectant cleaner, toothpaste, body lotion, etc.). I found Dycem non-skid material great for keeping things from sliding on the counters, so the Keurig, toaster, and daily use stuff stays on the counters during travel.

The current unit has very tiny drawers in the bedroom and a shallow, but nice sized closet. I put two shelves on one side of the closet where, I keep the bedspread and blanket on the bottom and I can stack two bins on each shelf for an extra towel, sheets, and clothing.

I have some of those collapsible bins, too. I use mine to store food stuffs that might get squished...bread, chips, marshmallows, etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back