• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Shortest sewer hose?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
How about adding a clear 90 or 45 to the sewer line and leaving the macerater connected and just run the discharge hose out thru the opening.
Thanks. I had originally been thinking about a clear 45° but the angle won't work. It's some strange angle... probably in the teens.

Sounds like one way or another, the solution is: buy a short hose, cut it down to size, and re-attach/attach a fitting.

And probably take some extra measure to make damn sure that fitting is very securely connected to the hose. Like a clamp, or glue, or something.

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts pointing me in the right direction.

One last thought:

I have now seen that certain 45° elbows are manufactured to be able to swivel on both ends (bayonet fitting and lug fitting) which technically means that such an elbow could be twisted into place for connecting with an external macerator (or another hose) provided you only ever intend to attach to things that will to be left outside the bay on the ground. In theory, that's useful for anyone with such an external-only application and doesn't mind assembling and disassembling extra pieces each time they dump.

However, in our case, I believe he will be far better served by mounting the macerator permanently inside the compartment bay and wire it for power. It'll be much easier to painlessly use this way for the next many years. Since an elbow piece won't work, the solution will have to be customizing a short length of flex hose to fit perfectly from the sewer out to the internally mounted macerator.

I would cut the floor out, some dummy did at the factory in the wrong spot, and fit the pump and then make a new floor out of something to fit the pump.

Time to think outside the box!!!!
Use a 90 degree elbow! This works when the weight of the pump engages the hooks.

Time to think outside the box!!!!
Use a 90 degree elbow! This works when the weight of the pump engages the hooks.
I think a 90° would work if we wanted to redirect straight out the side of the rig.

But it won't help with connecting a macerator mounted inside the bay adjacent to the sewer out. For that, we'll need a few inches of flex hose to bend the flow from the angled sewer out into the macerator installed immediately nearby.

I would cut the floor out, some dummy did at the factory in the wrong spot, and fit the pump and then make a new floor out of something to fit the pump.
Yeah, I bet the factory people very rarely get that stuff aligned just right. It's probably perfect looking on a paper diagram, but by the time humans stuff the tanks and pipes in there, any slight angle throws off the final alignment.

The factor probably figures it's acceptable for the use case of always grabbing a 20' stinky slinky and repeatedly cramming it up into the hole to manually connect every time you camp.

They aren't thinking through how it's not acceptable for those people who want to connect a macerator, although that's probably more of a recentish trend and probably was not as common a couple decades ago.

So if the outlet of the elbow exits aft there is not room for the maserator?? Bummer!!!

Latest resources

Back