Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

driftpro

RVF Regular
A buddy of mine has a Fleetwood Southwind and I talked him into picking up a macerator.

His sewer out is located inside a compartment bay and points downward at a slight angle. There's a hole in the compartment for connecting things to the sewer out. We cannot connect the macerator directly because of the slight angle of the out pipe, so that means he needs to use a hose.

But his shortest hose is 10' long which is vastly overkill for connecting a macerator (which then pumps via a 3/4" diameter hose). Walmart doesn't carry anything shorter than 10'. Amazon has some about 2' long which is better. Is there anything shorter, like 6 inches or 8 inches? That would be ideal because then the flex sewer hose would set into the compartment hole just barely enough to not drag when not in use... yet be able to snugly connect the macerator.

Any one have a source or clever idea for obtaining a sewer hose just barely long enough to exit the compartment hole? Or is this idea a wild goose chase?

Attachments

• IMG_6248.jpeg
    IMG_6248.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Make one the length you need. I had fittings years ago that screwed into the hose. Use a hose your have and find the fittings you need.

You can buy the 10’ one and easily shorten it to the desired length. Just be sure to confirm that the one you buy has fittings that are removable. I know Rhino hose is

How about adding a clear 90 or 45 to the sewer line and leaving the macerater connected and just run the discharge hose out thru the opening.

1708103977301.png

This is intended for connecting to the park's pipe, but it could be used for your application. Some PVC fittings to adapt to the end and you'd be done. You asked for a short sewer pipe.

Friends of ours have one that the previous owner added a hard plastic extension on the inside down through the opening.

That made the connection for the hose on the outside of the compartment.

Something like this:

Thanks for the reply. A shorter version of that would work if only his sewer out was straight down instead of being at an angle. With the angle, any hard plastic pipe would have to be the perfect angle (10°? 15°?) and that'll probably be impossible to find.

Latest resources

Back