• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Shotguns & RV's

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A little different subject. Sort of. I’m considering visiting Canada / BC. Is there someplace to rent a small lock up or suggestions. I’ve heard you really don’t want to cross the border with fire arms.
Well, veering recklessly back on topic, if it is a shotgun, its really no big deal. Declare it at the border crossing, they will register it for Canada and put their little yellow sticker on it, and then its Canadian legal for life.

Takes around 30-45 minutes depending on how much conversation you get into, but if you are more comfortable traveling with a firearm, and going to or through Canada, a shotgun is about as painless as it gets.

Most convential rifles would be tolerated, but certainly not handguns, and I would guess anything with or capable of high capacity would be rejected as well. Check in advance if you want to take anything questionable.

Well, veering recklessly back on topic, if it is a shotgun, its really no big deal. Declare it at the border crossing, they will register it for Canada and put their little yellow sticker on it, and then its Canadian legal for life.

Takes around 30-45 minutes depending on how much conversation you get into, but if you are more comfortable traveling with a firearm, and going to or through Canada, a shotgun is about as painless as it gets.

Most convential rifles would be tolerated, but certainly not handguns, and I would guess anything with or capable of high capacity would be rejected as well. Check in advance if you want to take anything questionable.
When I used to live in Canada, we had to have a wood plug in the shotgun magazine tube to allow only 2 in the mag and one in the chamber. Not sure how it is now?

Yes I had the orig green plastic F&G legal plug handy, but it never came up in conversation. But definitely good advice to anyone thinking about it.

A little different subject. Sort of. I’m considering visiting Canada / BC. Is there someplace to rent a small lock up or suggestions. I’ve heard you really don’t want to cross the border with fire arms.
Find a local gun shop on the US side with a FFL holder. Most likely they store hand guns for a small fee for travelers going into Canada. This has been a common practice for Canadian tourists.

Long guns used for hunting need to be declared at Customs.

Thanks. I was thinking there should be some one that could take temporary possession.

I view a shotgun with a birdshead grip as useless.

Latest resources

Back